You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Tool Panel default tab

Re: Tool Panel default tab

#1 Tool Panel default tab

Posted by: loj | Date: 2021-04-07 16:56 | IP: IP Logged

I just recently jumped forward several versions, having used last April's version for some time.

That old version always came up with the Tool Panel defaulting to the Projects tab. I'm finding that the new version defaults to the last tab used, which is usually the file folder tab. Normally, I'd find that handy.

However, when I'm opening PSPad on a file located on a network share, it takes 15-20 seconds or more to populate the file folder tab, which translates into an inconvenient delay before I can start editing.

Is there a way to set the default tab on the Tool Panel to something other than 'last used?' I'm not finding an option in the program settings, so far.

I've tried turning off the Tool Panel, which works, of course. But I use the Tool Panel so much that I'm always forgetting to turn it back off before exiting, which means that the next time I edit a file on a network share, it's right back to the delay again.

Lawrence Johnstone
Ukiah, CA, USA

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Tool Panel default tab

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-04-07 17:03 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
I will try to simulace it and change reading of folders to separate thread to prevent pspad start.

#3 Re: Tool Panel default tab

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-04-07 18:57 | IP: IP Logged

As the first (easiest for me) will be don't activate File tab automatically. Only the file tab, the rest will be activated.

#4 Re: Tool Panel default tab

Posted by: loj | Date: 2021-04-20 17:08 | IP: IP Logged

Sounds good to me! Thanks!

#5 Re: Tool Panel default tab

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-04-20 17:11 | IP: IP Logged

Its implemented in developer builds already

#6 Re: Tool Panel default tab

Posted by: loj | Date: 2021-04-20 17:38 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Its implemented in developer builds already

Did you implement it as an option that needs to be turned on? I just put in build 598 (verified with Help/About) and opened a file on the network share, and it still activates the file folder panel and causes the delay.

#7 Re: Tool Panel default tab

Posted by: loj | Date: 2021-04-20 17:59 | IP: IP Logged

(Note: I'm opening the file from the "Edit with PSPad" option on the Windows File Explorer's context menu, if that makes a difference.)

#8 Re: Tool Panel default tab

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-04-20 18:00 | IP: IP Logged

Do you mean when you activate file panel and close PSPad, next time you start it, File panel is activated?

Your delay is maybe caused az PSPad reopens your file from VPN.
You can set automatically reopen on start local files only.
Program settings / files and dirs

#9 Re: Tool Panel default tab

Posted by: loj | Date: 2021-04-21 06:57 | IP: IP Logged

That seems to do the trick. Thanks!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR