You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > PHP Syntax Highlighting

PHP Syntax Highlighting

#1 PHP Syntax Highlighting

Posted by: km198912 | Date: 2021-02-24 21:21 | IP: IP Logged

Hello, i am new to this forum but a long time user of PSPad (15 years now) and since i recently updated i am facing a slight "issue" which is more of a convience problem, after the update the syntax highlighting changed to different colors, i am so used to the "green/blue" highlights is there any way of getting that back without downgrading?, unfortunatly i havent figured out how to do a search here for that so if it was asked before i apologize.

Good Morning/Day/Evening to everyone

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PHP Syntax Highlighting

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-25 04:18 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I am sorry, but I don't understand. What does mean green/blue highligt?
How did you upgrade? If you upgrade without uninstall previous version, all your settings stays same, include color schemes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-25 04:19 by pspad.

#3 Re: PHP Syntax Highlighting

Posted by: km198912 | Date: 2021-02-26 09:25 | IP: IP Logged

Hello, i downloaded the newest up and uninstalled the old version then installed the new version, what i meant with blue/green is for example echo "Hello world"; here the string would be in green but $hello_world = "Hello world"; now $hello_world would be highlighted in blue and "Hello world" in green again.

#4 Re: PHP Syntax Highlighting

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-26 09:32 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

There is different highlighting of variable and string.
If you have old PSpad folder, take PSPad.ini and replace existing one - it contains your highlighter settings

You can modify colors as you need in the menu Settings / Highlighter settings / PHP
e.g. change strings to green color and variables to blue color.

#5 Re: PHP Syntax Highlighting

Posted by: km198912 | Date: 2021-02-27 18:18 | IP: IP Logged

Hello, i didnt have a older version but i could download one, after replacing the PSPad.ini unfortunatly the syntax highlighting was still the new one, so i guess i will downgrade the version again

#6 Re: PHP Syntax Highlighting

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-27 18:49 | IP: IP Logged

hello

All colors are stored in the PSPad.ini
Even you donwgrade, colors will stay the same.
Simple open menu Settings / Highlighter settings, click on the PHP and change color for variables and string

It's few mouse clicks.

#7 Re: PHP Syntax Highlighting

Posted by: km198912 | Date: 2021-02-28 05:55 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

i fixed it, thank you, also thank you for creating this awesome editor, off to another 15 years.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR