You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Autocomplete

Re: Autocomplete

#1 Autocomplete

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2020-06-22 20:50 | IP: IP Logged

Hi!

Have you ever thought of an auto-complete feature? i.e. offering sets of words, (depending on the programming language or even from an individual dictionary) after having entered maybe the first two letters of the word, to complete by clicking on the word from the list. Ideally, variable names already used in the text could be dynamically added to the list of words.

Do you think that would be very difficult to do?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Autocomplete

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-06-23 04:10 | IP: IP Logged

This functionality is already there.
You can call is manually (Ctrl+J) or let PSPad call it after some delay - Setting is in the program settingfs / Editor 2

#3 Re: Autocomplete

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2020-06-24 21:24 | IP: IP Logged

That is really great, I did not realize it's there already.

The only remaining question: The PsPad help says the words are only taken from the document itself. It would be great if it was possible to supply a list of words from the start, even for an empty document: When I create a new program file, I would be fine if the word list was already preloaded with all keywords and names of standard functions of the language I use, depending on the file extension of the edited file (no problem if I have to supply that file myself for the languages I use, but I am sure these files would very soon be supplied by the community of users for most programming languages).

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR