You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Odd Error Message when Starting PSPad

Re: Odd Error Message when Starting PSPad

#1 Odd Error Message when Starting PSPad

Posted by: Shadeclan | Date: 2020-02-28 19:32 | IP: IP Logged

Today, when I opened an Oracle procedure in PSPad, I got the message "Not a palm database or database corrupt". When I did an internet search on the message, I found this page in Czech which, when translated, seems to be about a PDB to text ebook format translator. I have no idea if the person running that page is in any way connected to Jan, but Jan may be using this translator code somewhere (although the actual app, PDB2TXT.exe does not exist in the PSPad folders anywhere that I can see. There is an executable in the Plugins folder, PDB.exe, which may have a similar function - the error message did mention a plugin problem.

The error just seems to be a minor annoyance. Any suggestions on a solution?

--
Shadeclan

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Odd Error Message when Starting PSPad

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-28 19:54 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

PDB files are handled with file type plugins.
If you want to edit PDB files directly in PSPad and you don't want to open PDB (palm database file), go to folder .\PSPad\Plugins\FileType
delete or rename PDB.EXE, e.g. to PDB.EXE.BAK

#3 Re: Odd Error Message when Starting PSPad

Posted by: David.Moore | Date: 2021-12-22 13:49 | IP: IP Logged

I tried doing exactly this (deleting the file in in the plugins) - then you open a PL/SQL with with prc extension - the message is still displayed, the only difference is that you don't get a wait before the file is opened.

If you modify and save the file with .prc extension - the result is an smaller encoded file that is not compatible with ORACLE utilities.
Should that happen to you, open the file with PSPAD - do a select all/copy, open notepad and paste the text into that and save.

To avoid the issue if seems you have to rename the file before opening it.

Note that earlier versions of PSPAD don't appear to have had this problem.

#4 Re: Odd Error Message when Starting PSPad

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-12-22 14:09 | IP: IP Logged

PRC files are handled by plugin too. PRC is form of PDB - HTML formated text as Palm Database.

Open PSpad\Plugins\FileType and remove/delete/rename file PRC.EXE

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR