You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Configuration problem on some OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Re: Configuration problem on some OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Goto Page: Previous1 2

#11 Re: Configuration problem on some OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-04 11:41 | IP: IP Logged

maki:
Users is not a valid user or group.

OK. Fix your Windows installation first. You have problem with internal "users" group and rights for this group in your user profile.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: Configuration problem on some OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-04 11:47 | IP: IP Logged

Open Windows explorer. Into address write: %appdata% and confirm
Right click on PSPad folder / security tab. There should be you as user with full rights
Go to PSPad folder, right click on recent.ini file / security tab.
Is there the same? have you as user full right?

Recent.INi there was created by PSPad or you moved it from somewhere?

#13 Re: Configuration problem on some OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted by: maki | Date: 2020-02-04 11:55 | IP: IP Logged

Not any problems with the System or these things. Simply the Program Files folder and the PSPad Folder in Roaming have different user rights.
PSPad as there is no installer (only copied files to the folder) causes this problem.

If I run PSPad as Administrator (user) I have no problem.
But running as an Administrator is a very bad solution!

The problem is that PSPad doesn't work perfectly when there are two administrators in the System!
Default and created by me and another.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 11:58 by maki.

#14 Re: Configuration problem on some OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted by: maki | Date: 2020-02-04 12:03 | IP: IP Logged

This is Bug PSPad!

Reproduce for me:

Click TAB -> Close -> Exit PSPad = Crash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 12:06 by maki.

#15 Re: Configuration problem on some OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-04 12:15 | IP: IP Logged

maki:
Not any problems with the System or these things. Simply the Program Files folder and the PSPad Folder in Roaming have different user rights.
PSPad as there is no installer (only copied files to the folder) causes this problem.

If I run PSPad as Administrator (user) I have no problem.
But running as an Administrator is a very bad solution!

The problem is that PSPad doesn't work perfectly when there are two administrators in the System!
Default and created by me and another.

If you don't use installer, why did you copy PSPad into Program foles folder? Did you created this folder too?
Of course Program files and user profile has different rights. In program files program has no right to write. In your user profile it has.

I wrote you what to check. You answered me for anything else, as usual.
OK, today I will take a rest of your questions.

#16 Re: Configuration problem on some OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted by: maki | Date: 2020-02-04 12:21 | IP: IP Logged

Actually, the rights should be because I take ownership (I Use Take Ownership Script).
But now the error in the window that previously worked in the background suddenly appeared.

But the nei error occurs in the 32-bit version, only 64-bit.
So 64-bit has an internal error in the executable file PSPad.exe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 12:22 by maki.

#17 Re: Configuration problem on some OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-04 12:37 | IP: IP Logged

So you manipulate with rights. OK. In this case I am not able to answer you, cause I don't know what did you set.
And I am not able to simulate it.

Take ownership isn't for common ussage but for special cases where you don't have access e.g. to any system folder.

First you should study system folder, system rights e.t.c. Than will you understand programs behavior.

Move PSPad outside of Program files folder into new folder, e.g. C:\My programs\PSPad. Don't manipulate with file rights.
Test it.

#18 Re: Configuration problem on some OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted by: maki | Date: 2020-02-04 13:35 | IP: IP Logged

I wonder why the error only occurs in PSPad, since I have many other editors on the system.
I have already started a fight with another program (not an editor).
The developers of the program for a long time claimed that the problem is with my System, but after a long time they made available to me for free other new Upgrades and everything was solved.
Don't try to look for problems for me. I installed the System 5 years ago, and I have never had a System failure once.
I don't have to fix anything. Because the system works stably. And even if I could test the System for errors, it's always: PASS.

PS. Take the dictionary of terms and start understanding the term "probably" - I have not written anywhere at 100%. So it didn't have to be this way!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-04 13:38 by maki.

Goto Page: Previous1 2

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR