You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Sidebar Defaults

Re: Sidebar Defaults

#1 Sidebar Defaults

Posted by: rontarrant | Date: 2019-08-16 13:15 | IP: IP Logged

Whenever I open PS Pad with the sidebar visible, it defaults to the Project view. Is it possible to have it default to the Folder/Directory hierarchy instead?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Sidebar Defaults

Posted by: rontarrant | Date: 2020-01-01 11:02 | IP: IP Logged

Just to wrap things up...

I'd actually forgotten about asking this question. For the first few weeks after my first post, I came back every few days to check and see if anyone had answered. But after a while, I let it slide and started looking for another editor.

And I found one. It's been quite a while now. Notepad++ has the above-described feature so I've moved on.

Thanks for everything.

#3 Re: Sidebar Defaults

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-01-27 13:26 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Jan.

I have the same request: Is it possible to save the view for the ToolPanel?

If the view for the fav scripts is open when you close PSPad, you should see the fav scripts the next time you start PSPad. That would be very nice. smiling smiley

Bernd.

#4 Re: Sidebar Defaults

Posted by: Vany | Date: 2020-01-27 13:30 | IP: IP Logged

My defaulting is to open to the Code Explorer (CE) and it works, but any other tab is ignored and always is the CE opened.

--
Vany
(PSPad 5.5.1.812 x32, W10h/p x64 en/cs)

#5 Re: Sidebar Defaults

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-27 14:37 | IP: IP Logged

Because if you put Code explorer there, each time you open document, it's parsed and the result is shown there.

#6 Re: Sidebar Defaults

Posted by: Vany | Date: 2020-01-27 14:55 | IP: IP Logged

okay, thanks, it is reply to my comment, but I do not want to steal the prime topic of this thread - if you have opened the Project toolbar (without Code Explorer), is there any option to save the last chosen TAB, not always the first one?

--
Vany
(PSPad 5.5.1.812 x32, W10h/p x64 en/cs)

#7 Re: Sidebar Defaults

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-27 14:58 | IP: IP Logged

Not yet. But I can add this option.

#8 Re: Sidebar Defaults

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-01-27 17:25 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Not yet. But I can add this option.

Thanks Jan, that would be great! smiling smiley

If it's not too much to ask, can you also add saving the view for the child notes for Au3 files? If a child note is collapsed / expanded, that it will be collapsed / expanded again after a restart of PSPad?

Vany:
My defaulting is to open to the Code Explorer (CE) ..., but any other tab is ignored and always is the CE opened.

pspad:
Because if you put Code explorer there, each time you open document, it's parsed and the result is shown there.

Thank you both for the very interesting hint. I have now placed the Code Explorer in the Tool Panel, and the Fav Scripts I have placed on the right side of PSPad. Every time I start PSPad, this view is restored. This helps in the meantime until the feature to restore the last tab is added. tongue sticking out smiley

Now it looks like this.

Bernd.

#9 Re: Sidebar Defaults

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-27 20:18 | IP: IP Logged

I will make variables declaration in autoit collapsed

#10 Re: Sidebar Defaults

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-01-28 00:55 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks smiling smiley

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR