You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Feature request: block rulers with position access from API

Re: Feature request: block rulers with position access from API

#1 Feature request: block rulers with position access from API

Posted by: Krotow | Date: 2019-04-08 11:30 | IP: IP Logged

Have a proposal to optionally put visible block marks in ruler to identify a character block from position A to position B and properties in PSPAD extension scripting API (rulerBlockStart/rulerBlockEnd or like that) for further processing in extension script. See picture under link how it would look.

drive.google.com

It seems not possible at today. Look like I should contact PSPad developer somehow and put a note about this. Or there is another way?

Main idea behind this feature is easier text block selection for further processing. Particularly I wish to have a possibility to easy and fast byte block selection from Hex dump copied from any source (like from web page, byte part is always the same) without scrolling N pages down for further conversion into a binary file. Real issue that made this idea was particular software which generate unit text output as formatted hex dump in 4-byte Unicode characters with added with offsets and text part and I wish to convert byte part to regular text with less hassle as possible.

Thanks again about great text file editor for Windows. Pity that it doesn't have native Linux version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-08 11:32 by Krotow.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Feature request: block rulers with position access from API

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-04-08 12:03 | IP: IP Logged

You are just contacting PSpad developers.

You can easily select block with F8 key.
Switch to column block
move to start position, press F8,
move to final position, press F8

You can switch block mode on the end, but it's easier on the begin, cause you see the result.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-04-08 12:06 by pspad.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR