You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > MSDOS Character Set

MSDOS Character Set

Goto Page: Previous1 2

#11 Re: MSDOS Character Set

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2019-02-21 00:43 | IP: IP Logged

Not 100% sure. As I have edited these files sometimes using pspad and most of the special characters are only in comments (just a few are in actual strings, and none in the code, because the special characters were not allowed in identifier names in turbo pascal), I may already have corrupted the file mysef without noticing.

I will resend you a file that I will double check before to make sure it contains the correct characters.

BTW, all characters are displayed correctly using Ansicht - OEM Zeichen. This is the way it should work. But as I aready wrote in a previous message, in this mode data entry is not possible, as the keyboard input is not interpreted using this character set, and working is also near impossible, as the characters look aweful and are very hard to read. I will include a screenshot in my next mail.

PS: Before posting, I checked it again. I am sorry, my file is already corrupted. Luckily, It did not really matter (hopefully) regarding the object code I produced, as the problem here affected only comments. But it's a possible source of errors, because sometimes strings that shoud be dispayed by the program can also be affected.

ß should be E1h

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#12 Re: MSDOS Character Set

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-02-21 04:29 | IP: IP Logged

aGerman:
Most likely the file was already corrupted while trying...
The OEM-850 ß shows up as á if opened in ANSI-1252. Converted to OEM-850 the á has char code 0xA0.

Steffen

Yes, exactly. And when you save it, the original char is replaced with #160

#13 Re: MSDOS Character Set

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2019-02-21 22:35 | IP: IP Logged

It looks like I got completely confused by some files which were already partly corrupted.
I rechecked the files and corrected the already wrong codings, now it seems that they work fine in PSPad when format OEM is selected. Sorry for the mess I created here.

Thank you for your good work!

Goto Page: Previous1 2

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR