You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Query on Project File display behaviour

Re: Query on Project File display behaviour

#1 Query on Project File display behaviour

Posted by: Neil | Date: 2018-10-22 21:21 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

I load a file from the Project file List.

I then do a "Save As" and give the file a new filename.

PSpad then replaces the existing filename in the list with the new filename !!

Is there a config option such that PSPad "adds" the new filename to the list rather than replacing the previous filename.

Or if not - could you add an option.

Thanks,

--
Neil

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Query on Project File display behaviour

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-10-23 07:48 | IP: IP Logged

There is no such option in settings, because nobody requested it till now.
If you select all (Ctrl+A) and you will use Save block as, you will get new file what you can add into project. But it's same situation as you will add old file.

#3 Re: Query on Project File display behaviour

Posted by: Neil | Date: 2018-10-23 21:12 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Jan,

Thanks for reply.

pspad:
There is no such option in settings, because nobody requested it till now.

Would it be possible to add an option?

pspad:
If you select all (Ctrl+A) and you will use Save block as, you will get new file what you can add into project. But it's same situation as you will add old file.

Sorry I don't understand this.

Anyway, I notice that the same thing happens with "Save As" in the general file editor, i.e. if you do a "Save As" the new filename replaces the old filename in the file tab list.

Could you add a combined option for both the filename in the Project file list and the filename in the file tabs, such that the old filename stays in the tabs display and in Project file list.

Thanks,

--
Neil

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR