You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: silent install: language parameter

Re: silent install: language parameter

#1 silent install: language parameter

Posted by: wooder | Date: 2018-09-24 07:42 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
i'm trying to generate a installscript for a silent install, silent switches are working but i'm failing with the language.
Of course i have read the following thread, but i'm still stuck at the same point.
forum.pspad.com

I tried "lang,lang\europe,lang\europe\english" and many different paramaters, but at the end PSPAd always opens in german. It doesn't matter if the OS (Win10) is English, German, Hungarian, ...

I also tried the INNOSetup-Parameters (unattended.sourceforge.net), but with no luck either. A normal install via GUI doesn't show a language selection, perhaps i'm just having a wrong setup file (pspad500_setup.exe)?

Is there anyone out there who can guide me into the right direction (perhaps with the correct parameters for EN, DE & HU)?

Thanks in advance and thanks to everyone who is able to help!

Greets,
wooder

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: silent install: language parameter

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-09-24 07:54 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Language tasks are not part of the install menu in the 5.0.0 version. I made setup easier, remove some steps what was confusing for users.
But what you can do is delete languages you don't want to have there after silent install. Language files are small in compare to rest.

There are 4 tasks only:
portable
contextmenu
icons
txt

#3 Re: silent install: language parameter

Posted by: wooder | Date: 2018-09-24 08:23 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
thanks for the info. Is there another way to bring PSPad up in the correct language for the user? Perhaps a registry setting or config file outside of the user hive or the user profile?
How is the install deciding which language to use as default? Is it looking for the system default language or something else?

Thanks again smiling smiley

-wooder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-24 08:25 by wooder.

#4 Re: silent install: language parameter

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-09-24 08:36 | IP: IP Logged

The language for user is written in the PSPad.ini file in %UserProfile%\PSpad
Section [Config]
Localization=ENGLISH

The name of the localization is name of lang file without extension

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR