You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: Pressing TAB alligns the cursor according to the content of the previous line

Re: Pressing TAB alligns the cursor according to the content of the previous line

#1 Pressing TAB alligns the cursor according to the content of the previous line

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2018-07-17 12:10 | IP: IP Logged

I have configured PsPad so that a tab corresponds to two spaces, and to insert spaces instead of real tabs. I would expect that pressing a tab, would move the cursor to the next odd column number to the right. Instead, the cursor is moved to align to to the next word of the previous line! For example, if I have a line

# aaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbb :ccccc

and on the next line, I press the tab key several times, the cursor aligns first under the '#', then under the first 'a', then under the first 'b', and then under the colon.

I guess there must be some obscure editor setting which causes this behaviour. Could somebody tell me how to switch it off?

You can see my current configuration here:

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Pressing TAB alligns the cursor according to the content of the previous line

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-07-17 16:17 | IP: IP Logged

Switch off Smart tabs option. This option align tab to previous line words

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR