You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: notepad.exe

Re: notepad.exe

#1 notepad.exe

Posted by: Pontiac | Date: 2018-03-01 17:36 | IP: IP Logged

I really really hate the notepad.exe that comes with Windows, and I thank the dev that came up with the idea for the PSPad version of notepad.exe to replace Windows version, but I have an issue with it.

When I just go Star> Run> notepad, PSPad comes up as expected, but, its got a new window with random jumble of characters as the filename. Buffer overrun or a variable not declared when opening pspad.exe?

With absolutely no aggressive tone, either this needs to be fixed, or I need to find a work around that will open a new window and act as a "File> New" operation where when I save the file, it asks me for a file name. As it stands, I can save the goofy character buffer-overran/undeclared string, and that isn't sitting comfortably with me.

If there's no intention of updating your version of notepad.exe, is there something I can do at the command line that will open pspad with a "File> New" tab, even if there is an existing process of pspad? I'll write my own notepad.exe that calls pspad.exe, but, if I feed pspad.exe any parameter, it treats it as a filename, which is not what I want.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: notepad.exe

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-03-01 20:41 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Do you have any specific application what starts notepad.exe? If not, simple associate TXT files in pspad settings / System integration

Of course I can fix PSPad starter, but I though people don't use it already.
Old Notepad.exe won't run with PSPad 5.

#3 Re: notepad.exe

Posted by: Pontiac | Date: 2018-03-01 22:29 | IP: IP Logged

No specific application other than going through Start> Run> notepad

20 years of going this route to get to a text editor is something hard to break. ;) I've been trying to go Start> Run> pspad but, notepad always seems to be a muscle-memory thing.

#4 Re: notepad.exe

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-03-02 11:09 | IP: IP Logged

Here is notepad.exe what working correctly with PSPad 5.x (unicode)
pspad.poradna.net

#5 Re: notepad.exe

Posted by: Pontiac | Date: 2018-03-02 14:23 | IP: IP Logged

This will do, thanks.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR