You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: FTP: File save error

Re: FTP: File save error

#1 FTP: File save error

Posted by: code tzar | Date: 2017-11-14 22:24 | IP: IP Logged

what is the most common reason for this in Pspad?

I don't think this is a pspad problem, I think it's a server problem. But I get the window saying that there is a File save error every time I try to save to my server. It just started happening after a server reboot and I'm trying to figure out why. I am also looking into cPanel forums, but I wanted to ask here as well. Thank you in advance!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: FTP: File save error

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-11-15 06:02 | IP: IP Logged

Hello. What is your server operating system? Linux/Windows?
Maybe there is a problem with rights.
For Linux try: Program settings / Direct edit button
set DontChangeFileAttribs = 1
or if it doesn't help:
SafeFileChange=1

The second option if file already exists will create temp file, delete original and rename temp file to original name.

#3 Re: FTP: File save error

Posted by: code tzar | Date: 2017-11-15 13:00 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Hello. What is your server operating system? Linux/Windows?
Maybe there is a problem with rights.
For Linux try: Program settings / Direct edit button
set DontChangeFileAttribs = 1
or if it doesn't help:
SafeFileChange=1

The second option if file already exists will create temp file, delete original and rename temp file to original name.

My home operating system is Windows, the remote server is Linux.

Here's the thing: when I connect to any other remote server, I can save with no problems. So it is just my remote server that seems to have this issue. I tried setting permissions for the directory to 777, still cannot save!

#4 Re: FTP: File save error

Posted by: code tzar | Date: 2017-11-16 20:43 | IP: IP Logged

It turns out that this is an issue due to running out of space on my remote server. Once I cleared out some backups I didn't need and other useless large files or directories, everything went back to normal.

It'd be a great feature to have the PsPad message tell me that there wasn't enough space to save the file! smiling smiley

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR