You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

#1 Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Posted by: vesuvius_prime | Date: 2017-07-25 21:53 | IP: IP Logged

Open PSPad, open a new text file, type something, press Ctrl+K.
PSPad freezes.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-07-26 03:29 | IP: IP Logged

Ctrl+K is in default hard line wrap.
Do you have set wordwrap with right edge or with page width?
How does look your file? How long are lines in your file?
Can I get any text example what causes PSPad freeze?

#3 Re: Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Posted by: vesuvius_prime | Date: 2017-07-26 15:54 | IP: IP Logged

In the 'View' menu, word wrap is toggled with the Ctrl+W key. It's not enabled now. I don't even know how to set word wrap with right edge. I haven't tampered with the settings. I haven't set a right edge.

I can type anything and then press Ctrl+K, and PSPad freezes. In fact, I just typed "something" and pressed Ctrl+K, and PSPad froze, so I had to kill it through the Task Manager.

I use PSPad 4.6.2 (the latest one), but the freezing has been happening for years, with previous releases of PSPad too, and on different computers. I just decided to report the freezing now, but I've been observing it for a very long time. (My problem is that Ctrl+K in Eclipse is interpreted as 'Find Next', and I sometimes tend to press Ctrl+K in PSPad too, so it always freezes on me and it's very annoying.)

Are there separate (and different) PSPad key mappings for the English version and for the versions for other languages?

Please, let me know which exact settings of PSPad you'd like me to provide and I will provide them.

#4 Re: Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Posted by: vesuvius_prime | Date: 2017-07-26 15:59 | IP: IP Logged

I found the 'Wrap (soft) with Right Edge' option among the 'Editor (part 1)' settings and it's grayed out (i.e. disabled). I can't enable it in this state. So, I guess the answer to your question should be: "I have not set word wrap. But if I set it, I guess it will wrap on the page width."

#5 Re: Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Posted by: vesuvius_prime | Date: 2017-07-26 16:03 | IP: IP Logged

Ah, here's some more info:

If I open a new text tab, and if I type "something" and then press Ctrl+W, word wrapping gets enabled without any freezing. The toolbar button, whose tooltip is "Switch on or off lines wrapping (Ctrl+W)" also gets highlighted. I can press Ctrl+W again, which turns off word wrapping, and PSPad doesn't freeze either.

But if I press Ctrl+K, it immediately freezes. It seems like Ctrl+K isn't the hotkey for word wrapping.

#6 Re: Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Posted by: vesuvius_prime | Date: 2017-07-26 16:06 | IP: IP Logged

And one more thing:

I just looked in the 'Key Map' section in the Program Settings, and I see that Ctrl+K is mapped to "Reformat (paragraph=blank line)". For what it's worth, Shift+Ctrl+K freezes PSPad too.

#7 Re: Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-07-26 16:37 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Wrap with right edge (Program settings / Editor 1) is disabled, cause you set right edge to zero (Program settings / Editor 2)
This is a reason of PSpad freezing.
Set this value e.g. to 80 characters

#8 Re: Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Posted by: vesuvius_prime | Date: 2017-07-26 17:42 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, the right edge is 0. I don't need a right edge, and the value of 0 removed it, so I was fine with it.

After I read your comment, I set the right edge to a non-zero value and, yes, Ctrl+K doesn't freeze PSPad anymore. Thank you.

However, this surely is a bug, so I believe it deserves a fix. If the value is 0, just ignore it, don't freeze PSPad. smiling smiley

#9 Re: Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-07-26 18:16 | IP: IP Logged

Hello. You are right, it's a bug and I will fix it

#10 Re: Ctrl+K freezes PSPad

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-08-09 13:18 | IP: IP Logged

Bug with right edge set to zero and paragraph reformat was fixed. Available in the next build

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR