You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: "Edit-Insert date & time": how USA Date format?

Re: "Edit-Insert date & time": how USA Date format?

#1 "Edit-Insert date & time": how USA Date format?

Posted by: JB | Date: 2017-02-16 19:08 | IP: IP Logged

I am trying to figure out how to set the "Edit-Insert date & time" to use the USA date format (mm/dd/yyyy).

I set the date time format (Edit-Date Time Dialog) to dd/mm/yyyy hh:nn:ss but when the date is inserted it is still in mm/dd/yyyy format.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-16 19:33 by Stefan.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: "Edit-Insert date & time": how USA Date format?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-02-16 20:11 | IP: IP Logged

Select format you want to use and then you can insert with Insert date time with selected format.

If you want to insert date time e.g. in code clips using %date% or %datetime% variable, you need to set correct format in menu Settings / Variables

#3 Re: "Edit-Insert date & time": how USA Date format?

Posted by: JB | Date: 2017-02-17 17:49 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks for the response, however, the problem is that there is no default format in USA date format (MM/DD/YYYY). Is it not possible to change or add a new format?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-17 17:50 by JB.

#4 Re: "Edit-Insert date & time": how USA Date format?

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2017-02-17 20:00 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
I can confirm some strange behaviour with regard to slash / (solidus) character in the date - time format
slash / seems to be replaced with full stop . somehow (even in the preview area of the Date Time Dialog,
i.e. if I insert the following into the edit field:
mm/dd/yyyy hh:nn:ss

the preview area above shows instantly e.g.:
02.17.2017 20:58:53
and in this format it is also saved to the list (after clicking Add or Replace), and this format is also used later with "Insert date and time".

hth,
vbr

#5 Re: "Edit-Insert date & time": how USA Date format?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-02-17 20:50 | IP: IP Logged

I can confirm and I will fix it.

#6 Re: "Edit-Insert date & time": how USA Date format?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-02-20 17:18 | IP: IP Logged

I found reason - system function replaces "/" (standard date delimiter) with date delimiter from regional settings

#7 Re: "Edit-Insert date & time": how USA Date format?

Posted by: JB | Date: 2017-02-24 15:51 | IP: IP Logged

My bad.

I guess I got confused and forgot to change the date format from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy (the US format). It is actually working fine now that I figured that out. A good night's sleep works wonders.

My apologies.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR