You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > CSV Highighligting Syntax

CSV Highighligting Syntax

#1 CSV Highighligting Syntax

Posted by: freuter | Date: 2016-08-15 09:59 | IP: IP Logged

Hi Folks and Cracks...

it should be great to have a separate Syntax-highlighter for semicolon separated CSV-Files - at least to get a better look, which one is for what named field, als shown in the first line.

How can i separate each founded semicolon and is there any way to count it in the first line and to check if the following lines are the same counted semicolons?

A complete example for any CSV Syntax highlighting should be great!

Thanks in advance for reading and answers - AND YOUR TIME to do that winking smiley

Kindest regards from germany and sorry for my lousy english grinning smiley

--
My Life is a lousy Adventure - but the graphics are just adorable winking smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: CSV Highighligting Syntax

Posted by: Boomerang63 | Date: 2018-01-09 18:14 | IP: IP Logged

This day I had the same question.

I just wanted to find or build a highlighter, so that i can view csv files and I were disappointed that I couldnt find corresponding info.
And I am disappointed of me, that I couldnt manage to do it myself with PSpad help files.
For my first aid I downloaded CSVed.
But If anybody in this forum knows, whether building a special highlighting filter could lead to a proper csv editing help, then I would like to know.

Michael

#3 Re: CSV Highighligting Syntax

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-01-09 18:28 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Look for user highlighter in the help file. Wizard is in the menu settings / user highlighter

#4 Re: CSV Highighligting Syntax

Posted by: khagaroth | Date: 2018-01-13 19:20 | IP: IP Logged

I don't think a CSV highlighter is possible with user highlighters. There are no keywords, just values separated by comma (or some other char, like tab or pipe), so it would require something like a "column" highlighter.

#5 Re: CSV Highighligting Syntax

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2018-01-18 00:28 | IP: IP Logged

If I need a good overview I open the csv file with Calc from Open Office.

In PSPad you also can use the addon "allign column". Select all with Ctrl+a. Run the addon. Type in your seperator. And you're done.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR