You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > New issue with file loading/adding tabs :(

New issue with file loading/adding tabs :(

#1 New issue with file loading/adding tabs :(

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2016-04-11 11:30 | IP: IP Logged

First of all, I don't consider this a bug, because it started today and all I did was boot the PC. Nothing new was installed as far as I'm aware (this is Windows 10, so maybe it updated something during the weekend by itself?)

Anyway, the problem I have now is:
If I open a file by calling PSPad from outside with a given filename, it iterates through all open tabs (usually I have around 10-15 tabs open) before it appends the file in a new tab, resulting in an annoying screen/progam flickering because the quick tab changes. It seems that all the files/content in the tabs are updated before the new files are added in a new tab.

Any hints what/where I could check something?

I've tried the latest stable release and beta 2700 and 2716, deleted the pspad folder and made a clean 'install' (I'm using the portable version). And I'm 100% sure this problem didn't exist last week.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: New issue with file loading/adding tabs :(

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2016-04-11 12:02 | IP: IP Logged

Problem solved by rebooting the PC. Doesn't make any sense, but as long as it helps...

#3 Re: New issue with file loading/adding tabs :(

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2016-09-26 14:42 | IP: IP Logged

Ok, the problem is back. And this time I can't solve the problem!

What happens is, that when I open a file from outside via a link to PSPad, and I already have some filetabs open, then all tabs are activated from the right to the left and back, and when this is done, the new file is opened in a new tab to the right. It looks like many CTRL+TAB and SHIFT+CTRL+TAB keys are pressed to iterate over all open fieltabs before the new tab is appended. This is annoying because it wastes time and the quick loading of the files makes the program flicker a lot.

Can anyone confirm this on windows 10, latest PSPad version?

A solution would be greatly appreciated!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-26 14:43 by syntech.

#4 Re: New issue with file loading/adding tabs :(

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-09-27 06:25 | IP: IP Logged

Hello.
I am using Windows 10, currently aniversary update (without any IDE extension or customization) but I can't confirm it.

I see only reorder of the file tabs. Can you send me screenshot or your PSPad.ini to support mail? Maybe it depends of configuration.

#5 Re: New issue with file loading/adding tabs :(

Posted by: G00fY | Date: 2016-09-27 11:35 | IP: IP Logged

can't confirm it too. Opened 10+ tabs but no such behaviour.

#6 Re: New issue with file loading/adding tabs :(

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2016-09-27 12:38 | IP: IP Logged

It's worth mentioning that I allow only one instance of PSPad and send files to the already open PSPad via shell "{path}/PSPAD.EXE {filename}" (without curly brackets). I've also tried to open a file from within TotalCommander (editor = PSPad) and it's the same behavior.

Only if I open a file from within PSPad than it's working correctly.

#7 Re: New issue with file loading/adding tabs :(

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-09-27 13:29 | IP: IP Logged

Try to use shell integration via DLL library instead of the registry.
I will try to simulate your way

#8 Re: New issue with file loading/adding tabs :(

Posted by: syntech | Date: 2016-09-27 14:15 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Try to use shell integration via DLL library instead of the registry.
I will try to simulate your way

Didn't work either.

I've made a test with several empty but existing files, opened via two batch files in PSPad.

batchfile 1:

call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test.log"
call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test - Kopie.log"
call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test - Kopie (2).log"
call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test - Kopie (3).log"
call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test - Kopie (4).log"
call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test - Kopie (5).log"
call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test - Kopie (6).log"
call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test - Kopie (7).log"

batchfile 2:

call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test1.log"
call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test1 - Kopie.log"
call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test1 - Kopie (2).log"
call "c:\Portable\1gb Stick\_Software\office\PSPad(2)\PSPad.exe" "test1 - Kopie (3).log"

I call the first batchfile to have sereral filetabs in PSPad, then I cal the second batchfile and the filetabs are switching happily to the left and back to the right (more or less).

I don't know how to make a quick video of it. I'll google that.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR