You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > How to create a custom macro to replace html entities

How to create a custom macro to replace html entities

#1 How to create a custom macro to replace html entities

Posted by: STing | Date: 2014-11-25 10:56 | IP: IP Logged

Folks,

Is it possible to create macro to replace common HTML entities when editing XML files?

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_and_HTML_character_entity_references)

&lt; --> <
&gt; --> >
&quot; --> "
&amp; --> &

Example of source text:
the &lt;b&gt;top 5 most critical business priorities&lt;/b&gt; that you will personally be involved &lt;br&gt;in over the next 12 to 24 months. &lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;These may or may not include those that you supplied.&lt;/i&gt; ^f(&quot;hInstructions&quot;)[65].label()^ &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;instruction&quot;...

Expected transformation after running the macro:
the <b>top 5 most critical business priorities</b> that you will personally be involved <b>in over the next 12 to 24 months. <p><i>These may or may not include those that you supplied.</i> ^f(&quot;hInstructions&quot;)[65].label()^ <br><br> <span class="instruction"...

Thanks.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: How to create a custom macro to replace html entities

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-11-25 11:26 | IP: IP Logged

Use user convertors from the tool menu. There are ready use convertors what did thing you need.
You can simple create new one or modify existing.

#3 Re: How to create a custom macro to replace html entities

Posted by: STing | Date: 2014-11-25 12:24 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you - that works well

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR