You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

#21 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2017-02-02 19:53 | IP: IP Logged

mgutt:
So everybody is happy.

I wouldn't be happy with this. Don't need to use PSPad as an FTP s_w_i_s_s k_n_i_f_e. I just need it as what it is, an editor. Whereupon editing files directly on a remote server is a constraint to me.

If I have to pay for this feature I will change to another editor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-02 19:54 by Andreas.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: mgutt | Date: 2017-02-02 20:37 | IP: IP Logged

If you know an alternative then tell us. The only alternative, that is able to open files on the ftp through double click, save a local copy in the same structure on the local drive and auto save them in the correct ftp directory through CTRL+S are PSPad and Adobe Dreamweaver. All other editors I know have relatively complicate ways to edit remote files.

But finally you should not forget that PSPad needs money to survive. Or do you really think that many developers are so dumb and install adware?

#23 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2017-02-02 22:43 | IP: IP Logged

There are alternatives but I don't like to post them in a PSPad forum unless Jan tells me that it'll be ok.

I never installed adware with my PSPad. I use the portable installation.

#24 Re: YOUR PROGRAM TRANSPORT SHITtY SOFTWARE

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-02-03 05:12 | IP: IP Logged

Hello Andreas
mgutt bring up thread from 2014. In this case was included in installer 3rd party software. Even all was clear and there was no hidden installation, it causes problem to users who click NEXT, NEXT NEXT without reading.
On the begin of 2015 I stopped use this way and PSPad installer is clear and digitally signed.

I don't plan to make some features as premium. My intention is move PSPad to new Delphi version - it will get off all problems with regional settings and exchange editor engine.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR