You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: First Set Up Of PSPad

Re: First Set Up Of PSPad

#1 First Set Up Of PSPad

Posted by: MegaKbyrne | Date: 2012-08-21 16:17 | IP: IP Logged

I am new to computers and need advise. I down loaded PSPad
automatic set up version and dictionary file. I ran install
and checked all except tool bar changes. It is installed with a desktop quick open also.

Then:
I unzipped the folder and changed the name of folder to Dictionary. Should I have done that? Where does that file go? I placed it in Program file PSPad at the end of all of the folders. If all is right how can I insure that I have the program set up the right way? I need PSPad to write
.txt files for another program now and then other things in the future after I start out small. Two attempts at Down Load Manager scared me into thinking my computer running Windows XP 32 bit was going to crash, and turn on me like a rabid animal. grinning smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: First Set Up Of PSPad

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-08-21 17:08 | IP: IP Logged

Please read the text next dictionary files download:
www.pspad.com

#3 Re: First Set Up Of PSPad

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2012-08-21 18:43 | IP: IP Logged

MegaKbyrne:
I am new to computers and need advise. I down loaded PSPad
automatic set up version and dictionary file. I ran install
and checked all except tool bar changes. It is installed with a desktop quick open also.

Then:
I unzipped the folder and changed the name of folder to Dictionary. Should I have done that? Where does that file go? I placed it in Program file PSPad at the end of all of the folders. If all is right how can I insure that I have the program set up the right way? I need PSPad to write
.txt files for another program now and then other things in the future after I start out small. Two attempts at Down Load Manager scared me into thinking my computer running Windows XP 32 bit was going to crash, and turn on me like a rabid animal. grinning smiley

Hi,
Does PSPad work for you after installation? (other than spellcheck; see below)
What kind of Download manager is used in which way in this context?

However, if you only need to add spellchecking capabilities, just download the needed files, e.g. from:
www.pspad.com

and unzip the files directly in the subfolder "Spell" (in the main PSPad program dictionary,) i.e. not: "Dictionary", you used.

The files are simply text files with one word-form on each line, with the "dic" extension.

Then you can select the spelling file/language to be used via
Settings :: Spell settings (Ctrl + F7)

activate underline of the unknown words via
View :: Spellcheck

Or use the Dialog to check spellings:
Tool :: Spellcheck (F7)

hth,
vbr

#4 Re: First Set Up Of PSPad

Posted by: MegaKbyrne | Date: 2012-08-21 19:24 | IP: IP Logged

Down Load Manager just HIT down load button. I tried twice with down load button for download manager and gave up would not install at all. PSPad works right of the bat. Is that folder in Programs file
under PEPad. There is my Documents, Shared Documents, and
Program Files gotten to by going thru C:Drive one way and
into My Documents another way. I am not sure due to finding files in strange places of other programs, a geek in and out of computers I am not. My other question Is there a PDF
Help to be down loaded to figure out all of the buttons,
gadets, gismos of the program or what is the best way to learn this program?

#5 Re: First Set Up Of PSPad

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2012-08-21 22:38 | IP: IP Logged

MegaKbyrne:
...My other question Is there a PDF
Help to be down loaded to figure out all of the buttons,
gadets, gismos of the program or what is the best way to learn this program?

There is a builtin help (a chm file), which should be already available after a full install, e.g.:
C:\Program Files\PSPad\PSPad.chm

It can be called as usual from the program
F1
menu: Help :: Help

hth,
vbr

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR