You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Re: New bug: duplicate file opened

Re: New bug: duplicate file opened

#1 New bug: duplicate file opened

Posted by: annzillion | Date: 2011-02-01 22:55 | IP: IP Logged

After compiling, when I click on the error line in the compiler log window, a duplicate file is opened to show the error. There's no limit on the number of duplicates that open.

Its a nuisance. I have to close previous file copy and/or click on the "file changed reload" message. There's the possibility of making different corrections to both copies and losing one set of corrections. There should be a way to turn this off.

This bug is new to version 4.5.5.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: New bug: duplicate file opened

Posted by: MikeO | Date: 2012-08-14 19:57 | IP: IP Logged

annzillion:
After compiling, when I click on the error line in the compiler log window, a duplicate file is opened to show the error. There's no limit on the number of duplicates that open.

Its a nuisance. I have to close previous file copy and/or click on the "file changed reload" message. There's the possibility of making different corrections to both copies and losing one set of corrections. There should be a way to turn this off.

This bug is new to version 4.5.5.

I am having the same problem with version 4.5.7 (2447).
Is there some setup flag I am missing?

#3 Re: New bug: duplicate file opened

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2012-08-16 05:58 | IP: IP Logged

I need to know the parser result. I guess there is a file name without path or with some relative path.
PSpad is looking for file in open file list, but there will be some difference between open file and file from error log.

Can you write me more informations?

#4 Re: New bug: duplicate file opened

Posted by: MikeO | Date: 2012-08-16 14:18 | IP: IP Logged

Here is a link to a screen shot of my User Highlighter Compile window:
imageshack.us

The following is the text in the log window after I compile the file (the lines before the error line is the contents of the c4.bat file):
F:\ECT\WtoW\V110>"F:\Program Files\PICC4126\PICC\Ccsc.exe" @"F:\Program Files\PICC4126\PICC\CompilePCH.txt" F:\ECT\WtoW\V110\WtoW.c
*** Error 12 "F:\ECT\WtoW\V110\Misc.c" Line 47(1,5): Undefined identifier xdeg
1 Errors, 0 Warnings.

Process completed, Exit Code 0.
Execution time: 00:09.815

The duplicate file is created only if the file in the editor window is not the file with the error.
If the file in the window is the file with the error, a duplicate file is not created.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Mike

#5 Re: New bug: duplicate file opened

Posted by: nickrain99 | Date: 2016-06-22 14:30 | IP: IP Logged

I use a software for delete duplicate file, it's DuplicateFilesDeleter. I really like it, because it works fast and easy to use.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR