You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > File Contents were Changed. Reload?

File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

#21 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-12-08 04:38 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, you are right, but I didn't wrote it in changes as I know...

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#22 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: jd | Date: 2010-12-09 00:06 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Yes, you are right, but I didn't wrote it in changes as I know...

True! If there is anything that I can do to help this happen, let me know.

#23 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-12-12 21:08 | IP: IP Logged

samweis78:
I would like to confirm this issue.

When editing a file (php) on a network drive (served by win xp or Server 2k3), this message appears, after the file is VIEWED in a browser.
Happens here in two different environments.

Looks to me like the CheckDocChanged - Function of PSPad checks wrongly the last access, not the last change of a file on a network drive.

Setting CheckDocChanged=0 helps at this point but I think thats an important feature when working right and I don't want to disable this for in worst case I save over changes from another machine.

I'm using PSPad 4.5.4 (2356) on Win7 Pro x64 machines.

PSPad uses GetFileInformationByHandle() API function
From FileInfo structure PSpad uses LastWriteTime.
I don't know why it reports change on network drive for you.

#24 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: jd | Date: 2010-12-13 03:59 | IP: IP Logged

The latest build (4.5.5 - 2405) mentions that the File Detection Mechanism was rewritten. I was hoping this would fix the problem, but it does not. Jan, do you know the cause of the problem?

#25 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-12-13 04:34 | IP: IP Logged

jd:
The latest build (4.5.5 - 2405) mentions that the File Detection Mechanism was rewritten. I was hoping this would fix the problem, but it does not. Jan, do you know the cause of the problem?

No, I doesn't. And I am not able to simulate it on my Win7.
I don't understand, why somebody has problem and somebody hasn't.

#26 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: jd | Date: 2010-12-13 06:35 | IP: IP Logged

Is there some way that I can help you debug this? Perhaps you could add some tracing code to PSPad; I could run it, reproduce the problem, and send you the log file. (You could even use OutputDebugString for debug output and I could capture that output).

I could offer to help debug it but I doubt that the problem is easy to find. I am very motivated to help you fix this problem.

I have used SysInternals tools (FileMon and ProcMon) and they indicate that the underlying file is unchanged. Is is possible that PSPad is confused about the timestamp associated with the editor window (for example, could PSPad be using the timestamp of the temporary file used by the browser?).

Note that this problem never occurs in 4.5.4, only in the 4.5.5 beta builds.

Thanks...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-13 06:36 by jd.

#27 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-12-13 06:45 | IP: IP Logged

jd:
Is there some way that I can help you debug this? Perhaps you could add some tracing code to PSPad; I could run it, reproduce the problem, and send you the log file. (You could even use OutputDebugString for debug output and I could capture that output).

I could offer to help debug it but I doubt that the problem is easy to find. I am very motivated to help you fix this problem.

I have used SysInternals tools (FileMon and ProcMon) and they indicate that the underlying file is unchanged. Is is possible that PSPad is confused about the timestamp associated with the editor window (for example, could PSPad be using the timestamp of the temporary file used by the browser?).

Note that this problem never occurs in 4.5.4, only in the 4.5.5 beta builds.

Thanks...

I will try to return back 4.5.4 detection. But there was reported problems from people using 4.5.4 on Win7 too.

#28 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-12-13 08:38 | IP: IP Logged

OK. Next test.
This build contains same method as was used in 4.5.4

pspad.cincura.net

Please let me know the result. If it will not help you, I will add some logging.

#29 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: jd | Date: 2010-12-13 16:34 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
OK. Next test.
This build contains same method as was used in 4.5.4

pspad.cincura.net

Please let me know the result. If it will not help you, I will add some logging.

That doesn't fix the problem. Let's try the logging. Thanks...

#30 Re: File Contents were Changed. Reload?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2010-12-13 18:55 | IP: IP Logged

Next test wiyth logging

PSPad 4.5.5 (2407)

This version logs file, old time stamp, new time stamp into file %temp%\PSpad_log.txt when PSpad detects that file was changed

Make several tries and send me the log.

Goto Page: Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR