You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > pspad crashes systematically when exiting with a .TXT file

pspad crashes systematically when exiting with a .TXT file

#1 pspad crashes systematically when exiting with a .TXT file

Posted by: r0lZ | Date: 2023-03-16 11:16 | IP: IP Logged

Hi.

I have just installed v5.0.7 (770) 64-bit, and now, when I close pspad with a plain text file (.TXT) loaded, it crashes almost systematically. There is no error message, just a bell from the system and a big PSPad.exe.XXXXX.dmp file created in the AppData\Local\CrashDumps directory.

Note that pspad does NOT crash when it is opened without a file or with another file type. Also, I did a simple test. If you open pspad without a file, and you type for example "test" in the editor, then save it and exit, it crashes. But the text file has been correctly created. Now, if you load the saved txt file, and you close pspad immediately without editing it, there is no crash. But just inserting a single additional letter makes it crash. You can even type a letter, then undo it, and exit: crash ! Also, if I load a relatively long text file and I close pspad without any editing, it crashes. So, with a text file, the only way to avoid the crash is to load an extremely short file, and exit pspad without modifying it.

Previously, a similar problem happened sometimes, but not as systematically as currently.

I'm using Win 10 Home v22H2 x64 with all updates. The CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.40 GHz, 8 GB of RAM.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: pspad crashes systematically when exiting with a .TXT file

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-03-16 11:44 | IP: IP Logged

Use 32b version. 64b is marked as experimental.

#3 Re: pspad crashes systematically when exiting with a .TXT file

Posted by: r0lZ | Date: 2023-03-16 17:07 | IP: IP Logged

Indeed, no problem with the 32-bit. Thanks.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR