You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > PSPad or Notepad++

PSPad or Notepad++

#1 PSPad or Notepad++

Posted by: clanman | Date: 2023-02-18 00:31 | IP: IP Logged

I have to say I have been using PSPad for 10 years or more (not sure when I found it). I have found it to be an amazing editor and whenever I have found an issue Jan has been quick to jump on it.

I have also contributed language updates and corrections which I am sure many others have done.

After reading some recent posts regarding application crashes (which I have not experienced) and people saying they were jumping to Notepad++. This app like PSPad has been around for a long time and I have used it in work situations a few times. I thought it was time to have g long hard look at it.

I have been testing it over the past week and found it to be a very capable editor with many features. Some of them are innovative and something like them to be added to PSPad would be nice (I am especially thinking of function parameters in particular [way too restrictive though] but in an extended form which I will bring up in another post).

All that being said, It is my belief PSPad in is in another class compared to Notepad++. The ability to easily add command parameters to existing languages, add different options for the same command (ctrl+space) and more.

If it helps Jan I love what you have done and continue to do. Thank you for a wonderful editor.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad or Notepad++

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2023-02-18 14:34 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you
If you have any ideas, I am still open for it.
What is necessary to do to stabilize PSPad is leave MDI scheme and go to way with dockable forms. MDI implementation is very buggy and I have to workaround lot of things.
But it means overwrite lot of code sad smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR