You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Posted by: SteveBondy | Date: 2022-12-11 16:31 | IP: IP Logged

I recently upgraded to version 5.0.7 (741) from version 5.0.6 (589).
I have two related issues.

I copied my custom clip definition file for XML files from my previous version.
In it I define a clip for <br/> tags as follows:

[br |G line break]*CTRL+ENTER
<br/>
;

but the clip doesn't work in 507 but it did in 506. Pressing the Ctrl+Enter shortcut does nothing, and if I hit Ctrl+Space the clip is not even in the list.

I also don't know how to confirm where it's getting the clips from, because some of the clips in the list shown when I press Ctrl+Space don't even exist in the XML.DEF file, yet the list is clearly labelled XML.

The second question is when I press Ctrl+Space it shows a list based on the word at the cursor, and I can't choose something else. How do I make it stop doing that?

Thanks,

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-11 16:33 by SteveBondy.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-12-11 16:56 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

What is the highlighter in the statusbar? XML?
Just tested in 745 build. It works for me.
I added your line into XML code clips.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-11 16:58 by pspad.

#3 Re: Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Posted by: SteveBondy | Date: 2022-12-12 15:50 | IP: IP Logged

Yes, it shows XML as the highlighter.

I've tried moving the line to different places in the file (closing and reopening PSPad each time) but it didn't change anything. It's got me totally baffled. Is there any other settings that might affect this?

I've compared editor settings for Multihighlighter between the old and new version and they are the same (HTML multihighlighter is disabled, multihighlighter base is HTML, only PHP is checked). In System Integration Multi User Environment is off.

I'm quite stumped....

I'll try the 745 build later today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-12 15:51 by SteveBondy.

#4 Re: Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Posted by: SteveBondy | Date: 2022-12-18 18:45 | IP: IP Logged

Okay, I finally got around to trying this using version 747 since that had been released, but it still doesn't work. I did some testing and found that if I create a new XML file then the shortcut key works and all is well.

It seems to be only when I'm editing previously existing XML files. The files I work with contain various XML nodes, usually with CDATA sections within some/many of the nodes.

I tried several files, the smallest about 250 lines of code, and the largest about 10000 lines and none worked.

I tried making a copy of one of the files and opening it but the clip still doesn't work.

While testing I discovered that when I go to Settings/Edit Clip Definition File
there are two entries labelled XML. The first opens RSS.DEF and the second opens XML.DEF
This is also the case in Settings/Highlighter Settings.

The first XML entry appears in the list where RSS should be alphabetically, and the second appears where XML belongs alphabetically.

It looks like PSPad is using the RSS,DEF file instead of the XML.DEF file, but I have no idea why. I tried disabling the "wrong" XML entry in Highlighter Settings, then restarted PSPad and tried again but it didn't work.

I then deleted the RSS>DEF file and restarted PSPad, and the extra XML entry disappeared from the Edit Clip Definition File list, but it still appears in Highlighter Settings, so it seems that PSPad is caching something for each file.

I tried renaming PSCache5.BIN and PSPad recreated it, but it still didn't fix the issue.

Any suggestions? Please? Anyone?

Steve

#5 Re: Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-12-18 20:27 | IP: IP Logged

Olease check statusbar if you really use XML highlighter or HTML Mulrihighlighter.

#6 Re: Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Posted by: SteveBondy | Date: 2022-12-18 22:17 | IP: IP Logged

On the status bar it says XML, but it seems to be using the wrong file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-18 22:17 by SteveBondy.

#7 Re: Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Posted by: SteveBondy | Date: 2022-12-19 19:59 | IP: IP Logged

Still trying to resolve this.

I deleted the PSPad program folder, extracted the original 506.589 zip file to a new folder, then extracted the 507.747 update to the same folder.

When I run PSPad and go to Settings/Highlighter Settings there are TWO entries for XML. The first is where the RSS entry should be and the second is the actual XML entry.

The same happens if I go to Edit/Clip Definition File. The list shows TWO XML entries as described above.

When I open an existing XML file it clearly shows XML in the status bar, but it is using the RSS.DEF file instead of XML.DEF

Edit: To verify this I deleted the RSS.DEF file and replaced it with a copy of XML.DEF and it started working properly.

Where does PSPad get these entries, or how does it map these files? Is it possible it's picking up registry entries from a previous install or something? I've had a number of versions on this computer. Could it be coming from the project file (it was first created months ago)?

I can't figure how to attach images or I would post screen shots. I guess I have to upload those somewhere else then link them here?

Please help!

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-19 20:08 by SteveBondy.

#8 Re: Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2022-12-19 20:57 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,
I can confirm, there are two "XML" items in the highlighters list and highlighters settings.
The first one is placed alphabetically, where "RSS" could be and it is then associated with the RSS context file.

I don't remember messing with these settings myself (not editting RSS files).

Both XML settings seem to be clones - with the same settings, file-mask etc.;
Interestingly, it is possible, to change some of the settings individually (e.g. colour), but after a new start of PSPad identical settings are loaded again.

However, the unwanted items can be unchecked in the highlighters setting (or even deleted from the PSPad.ini ?), which should solve the mentioned mismatches.
(PSPad 5.0.7. 747)

hth,
vbr

#9 Re: Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Posted by: SteveBondy | Date: 2022-12-20 17:40 | IP: IP Logged

vbr:
Hi,
I can confirm, there are two "XML" items in the highlighters list and highlighters settings.
The first one is placed alphabetically, where "RSS" could be and it is then associated with the RSS context file.

I don't remember messing with these settings myself (not editting RSS files).

Both XML settings seem to be clones - with the same settings, file-mask etc.;
Interestingly, it is possible, to change some of the settings individually (e.g. colour), but after a new start of PSPad identical settings are loaded again.

However, the unwanted items can be unchecked in the highlighters setting (or even deleted from the PSPad.ini ?), which should solve the mentioned mismatches.
(PSPad 5.0.7. 747)

hth,
vbr

First of all thanks for verifying that someone else sees this too. I was kind of surprised no one else seemed to have this issue and that was messing with my head.

Unchecking the incorrect XML item or deleting the RSS.def file didn't help. There just ended up being no clips defined at all for XML files.

I'm not sure how the various INI files link up, or how this all works. It would be nice to get a solution, or at least an explanation for what's going on.

Steve

#10 Re: Custom clip not working in 5.0.7 (741)

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-12-20 22:29 | IP: IP Logged

I will check it

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR