You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

#1 how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

Posted by: KennyT | Date: 2021-11-22 12:16 | IP: IP Logged

somehow, i have inadvertently set the "main file for compiler" to a particular file but i want to reset it to the "file in the currently open tab" but i can't see where to clear the current setting?

TIA

K

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-11-22 15:24 | IP: IP Logged

Use the function again on your file. It's switch On/Off
It means right mouse click on the project file and use Set main file

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-23 11:01 by pspad.

#3 Re: how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

Posted by: Wolfgang | Date: 2022-12-02 15:19 | IP: IP Logged

I just spend about two hours trying to use the compiler feature (After using the editor for several years already)
It would be very helpful to have a message, that a certain file is preselected (different from the arguments in the compile-command itself).
My choice would be an additional line at the beginning of the output informing that this feature is currently activated.

#4 Re: how to reset the compile command to use the current file rather than the file set as "main file for compiler"

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-12-02 15:28 | IP: IP Logged

Wolfgang:
I just spend about two hours trying to use the compiler feature (After using the editor for several years already)
It would be very helpful to have a message, that a certain file is preselected (different from the arguments in the compile-command itself).
My choice would be an additional line at the beginning of the output informing that this feature is currently activated.

can you please provide some example? I am afraid I don't fully understand

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR