You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Scroll bar / selection bug?

Scroll bar / selection bug?

#1 Scroll bar / selection bug?

Posted by: lphilpot01 | Date: 2022-06-21 18:57 | IP: IP Logged

Stable version 5.06 (589)
Windows 11

If you drag the scroll bar handle (and scroll the file) all the way to the top or bottom of the file, the "connection" between the mouse pointer and scroll bar handle is broken and apparently moves to the file window. It will then create a selection scrolling with the mouse / window (and if you already had a selection made, it will remove it first).

See the screen shot below. I was dragging the scroll bar but when it reached the bottom and stopped, my mouse pointer moved off the scroll bar handle (because I dragged it a little too far). When it did, a selection was created in the file window.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

--
Retired ... finally!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Scroll bar / selection bug?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2022-06-22 06:37 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I tried to simulate it in the 5.0.7 (developer forum), but I hasn't been able to simulate it.

#3 Re: Scroll bar / selection bug?

Posted by: lphilpot01 | Date: 2022-06-23 15:15 | IP: IP Logged

OK, I'll try the dev version. I usually run dev but ran into DLL conflicts recently and instead of sorting those out I did the easy thing and just used stable. grinning smiley Guess I need to roll up my sleeves...

Thanks.

--
Retired ... finally!

#4 Re: Scroll bar / selection bug?

Posted by: lphilpot01 | Date: 2022-06-24 02:28 | IP: IP Logged

I installed the latest stable 32-bit and copied over the 32-bit beta (I was 64-bit before). The selection bug is no longer there and there are no DLL issues!

Unrelated question: I can't find how to change the application skin. I did it with the previous installation, so I must be blind. Can you point me to it?

Thanks.

--
Retired ... finally!

#5 Re: Scroll bar / selection bug?

Posted by: lphilpot01 | Date: 2022-06-24 02:44 | IP: IP Logged

Apologies for the quick reply, but I just read where skin support was temporarily removed from 705+ builds. That answers that, thanks.

--
Retired ... finally!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR