You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Control-K now deletes blank lines

Control-K now deletes blank lines

#1 Control-K now deletes blank lines

Posted by: therium | Date: 2021-05-05 09:01 | IP: IP Logged

I upgraded to PSPad 5.0.6 on Windows 10. Now Control-k works differently. I renamed my old PSPad directory to "PSPad-old", installed a fewsh PSPad into a directory "PSPad" (which matches my path statement), and I also copied my .ini files from the old PSPad directory to the new directory.

I work with Markdown .md files so I often want to rewrap lines with hard returns but retain blank lines, and I do that on multiple paragraphs at once. A blank line between lines is a paragraph break, when I convert the .md file to EPUB using Pandoc.

So if I start with these 2 long lines:

The starship shimmered yellow in the midst of three spikes of blue flux, the magnetic motors of the tugs which added their thrust to that of the larger vessel. Ribbons of aurora borealis filled the rest of the sunless sky with faint pastels.

Lieutenant Randall Colville didn't need to squint as he stared upward, because the limousine's sunroof grayed automatically to dim the dangerous brilliance of the tugs' discharges. The low-frequency rumble of the starship's passage through the stratosphere shook the car.

And I select them both and do control-k, I get this:

The starship shimmered yellow in the midst of three spikes of blue flux,
the magnetic motors of the tugs which added their thrust to that of the
larger vessel. Ribbons of aurora borealis filled the rest of the sunless
sky with faint pastels.
Lieutenant Randall Colville didn't need to squint as he stared upward,
because the limousine's sunroof grayed automatically to dim the
dangerous brilliance of the tugs' discharges. The low-frequency
rumble of the starship's passage through the stratosphere shook the car.

This is not correct. How do I get PSPad to work before where ^K did not remove blank lines?

For various reasons I do not use the soft "word wrap" feature in PSPad, I want to rewrap the lines with hard returns.

Thank you.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Control-K now deletes blank lines

Posted by: therium | Date: 2021-05-05 09:12 | IP: IP Logged

I could not edit my original post above so here's a bit more info.

I'm selecting several paragraphs of text and then using Format, Block Format, Reformat (^K) to reformat multiple paragraphs at once.

#3 Re: Control-K now deletes blank lines

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-05 12:41 | IP: IP Logged

I fixed it, but into this part of code I didn't touch very very long time

#4 Re: Control-K now deletes blank lines

Posted by: therium | Date: 2021-05-05 14:38 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you!

#5 Re: Control-K now deletes blank lines

Posted by: lexa2 | Date: 2022-05-20 14:45 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
I fixed it, but into this part of code I didn't touch very very long time

Hi there (Jan?),

This my first post. Thank you for this very helpful tool!

I'm sorry, but I can tell you, that this part is *not* fixed.

I tried v5.0.3 x86 and v5.0.6 x86+x64 - but only my old v5.0.1 x86 will work correctly on wrapping long lines with blank lines. The other versions are all deleting all blank lines.

In which version did you fix it? Did you prove that? Is this configurable or hard coded?

--

Thanks again and Greetings, Axel from Germany.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR