You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Access violation / Is there a backup anywhere?

Access violation / Is there a backup anywhere?

#1 Access violation / Is there a backup anywhere?

Posted by: marc77 | Date: 2021-06-11 13:48 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

I have a access violation. Before I had all of the sudden some chinese letters in a php file. Well, this is no problem, because it happens only sometimes.

The Problem at the moment is, that I have 31 php files open. I worked on that files for 14 days. Today I was ready to save that files but now I have the access violation error. This is a nightmare for me, because I guess my hole work is gone now and I have to do it again. I wrote thousands lines of code.

I can press

OK
Terminate
Mail Log
Copy to clipboard

When I press ok, the access violation is gone but If I click anywhere in the pspad, the access violation does come up again.

My question is now, Is there any folder with template files of the existend files that are not saved or do someone knows a trick to save my open files?

Thank you very much. I dont want press "Terminate" :(.

best regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-11 13:55 by marc77.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Access violation / Is there a backup anywhere?

Posted by: marc77 | Date: 2021-06-11 14:04 | IP: IP Logged

I read here:

forum.pspad.com

that there is a backup function. I havent knew this. Is this option not active by default?

fingers crossed that someone knows a trick to save my tabs...

#3 Re: Access violation / Is there a backup anywhere?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-06-11 14:06 | IP: IP Logged

Do you really want to tell as that you wrote 14 days code without any press save button?

If you let PSpad backup your files, you have it in backup folder - program settings / Backup

If you work from FTP, all files are in %temp%\PSpad (if you didn't change FTP temp folder)

#4 Re: Access violation / Is there a backup anywhere?

Posted by: marc77 | Date: 2021-06-11 14:20 | IP: IP Logged

thank you very much for your quick reply.

Quote:
Do you really want to tell as that you wrote 14 days code without any press save button?

yes, because I work over ftp on live php function files. If I press save before I finished with everything, I will get errors. Its a lesson for me. Next time I will save the files or I will work with a offline ftp client.

Quote:
If you let PSpad backup your files, you have it in backup folder - program settings / Backup

If this is no default "on" option, I have it not done.

Quote:
If you work from FTP, all files are in %temp%\PSpad (if you didn't change FTP temp folder)

WOW

Ok, I added %temp%\PSpad to the windows explorer and all files are there.
Thank you very much man. This saved my weekend.

Will do a donation.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR