You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > PSPad: Cannot use zero key as bookmark

PSPad: Cannot use zero key as bookmark

#1 PSPad: Cannot use zero key as bookmark

Posted by: therium | Date: 2021-05-07 10:35 | IP: IP Logged

I have PSPad 5.0.6 on Windows 10. Love your editor. I have used it for years. And you have great support.

While editing a .md file I tried hitting control-shift-zero (above the letter keys, not on the keypad) to set a quick bookmark but it would not work.

Can you allow that zero key to be used as a quick bookmark please? I edit very large files (45,000 lines sometimes) and use a lot of bookmarks.

Thanks!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad: Cannot use zero key as bookmark

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-07 11:04 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

PSPad supports any count of unnambered bookmarks - you can simply set it as Alt+Left, remove with Alt+Right, and go through all bookmarks (include numbered) with Alt+UP/Down

#3 Re: PSPad: Cannot use zero key as bookmark

Posted by: therium | Date: 2021-05-07 11:38 | IP: IP Logged

I'm editing a .md file. Does that matter?

Hitting left alt and zero does not do anything. Hitting left alt and - also does nothing. The normal way (AFAIK) to set a bookmark is to do ALT-SHIFT-number. Did I do something wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-07 11:38 by therium.

#4 Re: PSPad: Cannot use zero key as bookmark

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-07 11:47 | IP: IP Logged

I mean Alt + Left arrow or Alt + Right arrow to setup/delete bookmark

#5 Re: PSPad: Cannot use zero key as bookmark

Posted by: therium | Date: 2021-05-07 12:21 | IP: IP Logged

I tried alt-left arrow and got it.

Can we still get the ability to use the zero key (above the letters) to make a numbered bookmark by setting it with CTRL-SHIFT-zero?

#6 Re: PSPad: Cannot use zero key as bookmark

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-05-07 15:22 | IP: IP Logged

PSPad supports zero bookmark. You can see it in the Search menu / Create bookmark
If it can't be set by shortcut Shift+Ctrl+0, you need to find, what application registered Shift+Ctrl+0 as global shortcut

In my case (Windows 10) MS has it assigned to keyboard selection, even I have only one keyboard layout installed. Sorry, if it won't match exactly English, but I have localized Windows.

Open Control panel, look for "language"
Click on the "Keyboard" icon
Click on the link "Shortcuts for ..."

You will see shortcut Left Alt + Shift for switching between languages
under it is your first language with shortcut (none)
never mind it and select first language and click on the "Change shortcut" button
don't change anything but confirm it
confirm window and from now you can use Shift+Ctrl+0 as bookmark "0"

Any complaints to any MS forum please

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR