You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Text Diff with active tab - horizontal split doesn't remember position

Text Diff with active tab - horizontal split doesn't remember position

#1 Text Diff with active tab - horizontal split doesn't remember position

Posted by: tigster72 | Date: 2021-02-17 07:41 | IP: IP Logged

I assumed others would have already discovered this issue, so I spent a good amount of time looking for a solution, but no luck. I recently installed 5.04 (build 543) and now when I used the Text Diff with active tab (right-click option when clicking on a document tab), the horizontal split is positioned 1/3 of the way down from my window size ( maximized). I move the split to the middle, so the screen is split evenly in half, but this position doesn't get remembered. I tried the 'Settings > Save main window position' to see if that helped...it did not. I recently discovered if I switch the comparison result window from horizontal view to vertical view and then back to horizontal view, it does remember my 50-50 split, so that's nice since it's tedious to have to adjust it each time. However, I would like it to remember my split position without me having to toggle the view between horizontal and vertical. I hope you can easily reproduce this issue and I hope that this makes sense. Thanks, in advance, for looking at this and thanks for developing such a great program!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 07:46 by tigster72.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Text Diff with active tab - horizontal split doesn't remember position

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-17 08:11 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
tested with 5.0.5 developer build and window is splitted 50:50, even it's maximalized or not.

Download current developer build from PSPad developer forum and replace existing files

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR