You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > MS VBScript files not highlighted

MS VBScript files not highlighted

#1 MS VBScript files not highlighted

Posted by: joemarfice | Date: 2019-07-11 18:40 | IP: IP Logged

The highlighter function works fine for other files, like *.bat and *.bas, but the *.vbs and *.asa files are not recognized. WSH scripting is turned on. The VBS extension is only assigned to MS VBScript.

Can someone suggest what I'm missing?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: MS VBScript files not highlighted

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-07-11 19:12 | IP: IP Logged

Maybe your file is too big. There is limit for automatic highlight.
Open program settings / Direct edit
Find line HLUpToSize and change value e.g. to 500000

You can anytime activate code highlight manually by toolbar button or in the menu View / Syntax

On the statusbar should be highlighter name, if highlighter is recognized by file extension

#3 Re: MS VBScript files not highlighted

Posted by: Slowly | Date: 2021-02-09 00:15 | IP: IP Logged

...I cannot find an INI file that deals with VBScript, yet in the program it appears fully configured...If I try to rename the [MS VBScript] section in PSPAD.INI to something else, such as [VBScript], PSPad won't recognize it, and will recreate the [MS VBScript] section again.

...Are the names of the languages in the syntax highlighting list, such as "MS VBScript", hard coded?

thanx

P.S.
I've donated multiple times ;)

#4 Re: MS VBScript files not highlighted

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2021-02-09 06:34 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
Some highlighters are hardcoded, including name. INI file section is created as name of highlighter. If you change section name, PSPad doesn't know such name and won't use it.
Changing section name in settings doesn't change name of highlighter.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR