You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Error with word delimiters

Error with word delimiters

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 Error with word delimiters

Posted by: angross | Date: 2020-02-08 22:06 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

I have a promblem with incorrect selection of a word.

I have a given link address "../back_to_gr/amogia.xhtml#better_reach" in my text.

If I doubleclick the anchor "better_reach" then the whole sequence
"xhtml#better_reach" will be selected instead of "better_reach" only.

Because of that error in newer versions of PsPad I did for long time working with the old version pspad452en.

Is there any chance to correct this or can I define for myself own word delimiters?

antoine

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Error with word delimiters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-09 05:42 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
The word delumiter depends of language. E.g. in PHP the # sign is part of variable name.
What syntax are you talking about?

#3 Re: Error with word delimiters

Posted by: angross | Date: 2020-02-11 19:45 | IP: IP Logged

Hello, pspad,

thanks for your answer.

I use the xhtml syntax for web sites, but same selection I've found in the html and html multihighlighter too.

#4 Re: Error with word delimiters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-12 12:12 | IP: IP Logged

I will set the # char as word break char for HTML and XHTML (including multihighlighter)

#5 Re: Error with word delimiters

Posted by: angross | Date: 2020-02-13 13:45 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you very much for your work -- and your fine editor too. It's the best I have found since past years, best with concept and handling.

antoine

#6 Re: Error with word delimiters

Posted by: angross | Date: 2020-07-09 22:41 | IP: IP Logged

Hallo,

today I have deinstalled PsPad v 5.03.

Some months before I had written to you, if the character ›#‹ again can be programmed as word delimiter for the html code (as it was in last fine working version pspad452en ).

This doesn't happen since today.

But in last few weeks I suddenly got some other errors and few crashes.

In most cases there are some rows of cryptic characters within my html code. One day all code looks fine. Next day the html code is broken with these cryptic characters ...

The longer I work the more errors come out: At the beginning with 5.02/3 (2020 Feb) all did working well (but no word delimiter ›#‹). A few weeks before I had first crash, and a few days before first cryptic signs ...

I have tried out all new versions after pspad452en (4.59, 4.60 ... 5.02, 5.03) since 2015 but all of them had same errors: crashes, cryptic characters and missing word delimiter ›#‹ ...

Last fine version of PsPad is the pspad452en I'm working since 2012 or so. I did it install again after deinstalling of v 5.03: No crashes, no cryptic signs, and the ›#‹ character works fine as word delimiter at html code!

Bye

#7 Re: Error with word delimiters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-07-10 03:48 | IP: IP Logged

I just tested HTML highlighter as you required and # char isn't contained in the double click text selection and works as wordbreak chars in HTML as you requested.

#8 Re: Error with word delimiters

Posted by: angross | Date: 2020-07-12 18:46 | IP: IP Logged

I'm using files named with .xhtml for strict checking in the browsers. Maybe this is the reason that # chars doesn't work for me ...

But what about the lines with mysterious characters within my code? Is it a known error?

#9 Re: Error with word delimiters

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-07-13 10:09 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

I just tested with current developer build your problem with '#' char in URL and it behive correctly for me.
What is written in the middle of statusbar as highlighter name?
Is there really XHTML? It's internal user highlighter or user highlighter?

#10 Re: Error with word delimiters

Posted by: angross | Date: 2020-07-18 18:36 | IP: IP Logged

In the pspad452en version there is showing xhtml. To check it in the last version, I have to install it again. I will do it next week, because I'm not at my working machine.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR