You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (502) feature incomplete

PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (502) feature incomplete

#1 PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (502) feature incomplete

Posted by: Gabriel_ACE | Date: 2020-06-04 13:56 | IP: IP Logged

Hi!!

I loved the new version that now highlights the text in other parts of the document when they are repeated

BUT

in my opinion this function is incomplete since if the document has several pages we cannot be sure that there are more occurrences without having to go line by line looking for the highlight

I suggest adding a popup message that counts the number of occurrences (ONLY when there are more than one) , like this:

and a new option to enable and disable this new function (the message) to prevent the PSPAD from freezing if there are too many occurrences

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-04 13:56 by Gabriel_ACE.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (502) feature incomplete

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-06-04 16:54 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

This isn't search function. It doesn't know number of occurences.
It paint same search as selected. Nothing else.
If you will keep selection and you will scroll over your document (e.g. with mouse), you will see occurences over whole document. But I don't know number of them.
Highlighting is done only on visible part of page.

If you mean when you select text, PSpad should search over whole document, count occurences an do it every time when you change selection, it isn't possible. Can you imagine to do it in few MB large document?

#3 Re: PSPad unicode 5.0.4 (502) feature incomplete

Posted by: Gabriel_ACE | Date: 2020-06-05 12:51 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Hello

This isn't search function. It doesn't know number of occurences.
It paint same search as selected. Nothing else.
If you will keep selection and you will scroll over your document (e.g. with mouse), you will see occurences over whole document. But I don't know number of them.
Highlighting is done only on visible part of page.

If you mean when you select text, PSpad should search over whole document, count occurences an do it every time when you change selection, it isn't possible. Can you imagine to do it in few MB large document?

I figured, but

how about a new feature like

the button in the search menu that counts the occurrences

when you highlight a text then you will be able to press a keyboard shortcut that counts and displays a message with the total occurrences

you could use the source code that is available on the PSPAD and just add a keyboard shortcut

what is your opinion?

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR