You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Synchronize the Code Explorer with the Editor

Synchronize the Code Explorer with the Editor

#1 Synchronize the Code Explorer with the Editor

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-05-13 06:16 | IP: IP Logged

In the Code Explorer you can press a button to synchronize the editor with the Code Explorer. Instead of searching for the tiny button and pressing it every time, the synchronization should be done automatically when you set the caret to another function in the editor.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Synchronize the Code Explorer with the Editor

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-05-13 06:37 | IP: IP Logged

It can be very confusing, cause in the explorer is several section and it will jump from one section (e.g. functions) into variables or comments or...

You are looking for your AU3, wat is quite easy, but in other languages Code explorer content is much more complicated.

#3 Re: Synchronize the Code Explorer with the Editor

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-05-13 08:46 | IP: IP Logged

I understand. How about an automatic sync that the user can turn on and off in the settings? Standard: Off.

Would automatic synchronization be possible for functions only? (Not for variables, labels, etc.)

If none of these is possible, please create a VBScript command to which the user can assign a shortcut.

#4 Re: Synchronize the Code Explorer with the Editor

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-05-13 09:12 | IP: IP Logged

Imagine it for lot of lines in Code explorer.
Each change of CaretY will start search in Code explorer and look for "nearest" line. It will significantly slow down cursor movement in the editor.

#5 Re: Synchronize the Code Explorer with the Editor

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2020-05-13 09:32 | IP: IP Logged

Ok, then please create a shortcut to the Sync function, or better a VBScript command to which I can assign a shortcut myself.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR