You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Word wrap - global/persistent setting?

Word wrap - global/persistent setting?

#1 Word wrap - global/persistent setting?

Posted by: shushko1 | Date: 2020-01-23 20:56 | IP: IP Logged

Hi, is there a way to enable Word Wrap Lines globally/persistently?
I can enable it now for every opened file separately from View, Word Wrap Lines(control + W), but I want it to be active by default for every newly opened document.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Word wrap - global/persistent setting?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-24 05:30 | IP: IP Logged

When you switch on WordWrap, PSPad wil lremember it and will use it for future files too.
When you close and open PSPad, it will start in wordwrap mode.

Initial wordwrap is limited to size 200kB. If file size is bigger, wordwrap won't be applied automatically. You can change this limit in program settings / Direct edit button. Change:
MaxWrapSize=200000
e.g. to
MaxWrapSize=500000

#3 Re: Word wrap - global/persistent setting?

Posted by: shushko1 | Date: 2020-01-24 16:50 | IP: IP Logged

Hey, that seems to do the job, thanks for the clarification smiling smiley

#4 Re: Word wrap - global/persistent setting?

Posted by: David in Delta | Date: 2020-04-22 22:25 | IP: IP Logged

I've been using PSPad for a few years now, and I really appreciate it. Thank you to Jan Fiala,

I recently installed or perhaps reinstalled version 5.0.3 (377) on my PC clone running Windows 10. I usually have three or four tabs open, and the biggest one is my main webpage. It's very large, over 50,000 lines and more than 1.4mb in size.

Word Wrap doesn't wrap at Position of right edge vertical line.

Program settings, Editor Part 2, have Position of right edge now set to 120, but I've also found this with other positions - 122, and 90.

Wrap worked perfectly until I installed 5.0.3 (377) a few days ago. The text now continues all the way to the right side of the window before wrapping.

I can live with that, but depending what I'm writing, it's nice to be able to adjust the right edge without having to resize the window. I imagine the right edge was intended to work.

Is this a programme error, and if so, will it be fixed?

#5 Re: Word wrap - global/persistent setting?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-04-23 04:49 | IP: IP Logged

In the program settings you can set if you want wrap with editor with orbwith right edge.
If you copy pspad.ini file from your previous computer, you will have all your settings.
Pspad.ini is in the pspad folder for portable version or in the %userprofile%\pspad folder for installed version

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR