You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > 5.0.3 (377) bugs

5.0.3 (377) bugs

#1 5.0.3 (377) bugs

Posted by: jballi | Date: 2020-02-15 20:42 | IP: IP Logged

Just installed 5.0.3 (377). Found a few bugs. I thought I should report them. Some are minor. One is major.

1) Cannot disable "Show Splash Screen" option. Not even when running as administrator.

2) PSPad crashes when trying to open more than one file at a time from Windows Explorer. I think the problem relates to the first bug.

3) Massive (massive!) memory leak when using Code Explorer. For files that I'm editing, PSPad will eat an additional 2+ MB every time Code Explorer is refreshed. Memory is never released, not even after a file is closed. It may take a while but PSPad will eventually use all available memory and crash. I've reported this for an earlier version but the bug still has not been fixed.

Thank you for your consideration.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: 5.0.3 (377) bugs

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-15 21:10 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

When you run pspad as admin, the option to hide splash is disabled or isnt saved?

Whats integration into explorer? Dll or registry?

I will try to finx problem with code explorer. What syntax do you use and how big is your file?

#3 Re: 5.0.3 (377) bugs

Posted by: jballi | Date: 2020-02-16 09:19 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you for your response.

pspad:
When you run pspad as admin, the option to hide splash is disabled or isnt saved?

The option is checked but the control is disabled so that I can't uncheck it.

pspad:
Whats integration into explorer? Dll or registry?

Neither. I changed it to Dll and PSPad no longer crashes when opening more than one file. It used to work correctly without integration but using integration to resolve this problem is good. Thanks.

pspad:
I will try to finx problem with code explorer. What syntax do you use and how big is your file?

I use Code Explorer when editing several file types but I noticed the problem when editing AutoHotkey (*.ahk) files. The size of the file does not matter. My largest AutoHotkey file is ~512K but I noticed the leak happens for any size file. The program appears to add ~2,100K every time the Refresh button is pressed.

Thank you for your assistance.

#4 Re: 5.0.3 (377) bugs

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-16 19:39 | IP: IP Logged

I found there is a problem in detection that file can be edited.
If you want to remove splash screen, run e.g. Notepad as admin and edit file PSPad_MU.ini, placed in the PSpad folder.

Change line:
ShowSplash=0

#5 Re: 5.0.3 (377) bugs

Posted by: jballi | Date: 2020-02-17 06:25 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
I found there is a problem in detection that file can be edited.
If you want to remove splash screen, run e.g. Notepad as admin and edit file PSPad_MU.ini, placed in the PSpad folder.

Change line:
ShowSplash=0

That works. Thanks! smiling smiley

#6 Re: 5.0.3 (377) bugs

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-17 09:12 | IP: IP Logged

I made some changes what can decrease/remove memory leaks with Code explorer.
Available in the next developer build.

#7 Re: 5.0.3 (377) bugs

Posted by: jballi | Date: 2020-02-18 03:35 | IP: IP Logged

I look forward to it. Thank you for your consideration.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR