You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Problem with assembling source code in version 5

Problem with assembling source code in version 5

#1 Problem with assembling source code in version 5

Posted by: Ruud | Date: 2020-02-01 09:04 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

I still use V4.1.6 with reason. I tried V5 almost immediatly after it had been submitted but that didn't work for me. Today I downloaded 5.0.2 (351), the portable version. I unzipped the file and copied everything into a copy of the directory containing V4. Starting PSPad again I saw the files I was working with just some minutes ago. So far so good.

I mainly use PSPad for creating assembly code. I use <Ctrl+F9> to compile it. In this case it starts a BAT file that checks with what kind of code it is dealing, 8088, 6502, Z80, etc., and then it start the correct compiler. Normally a DOS box pops up and text is written in it showing the progress. During this process a blue turning circle is hovering over the PSPad window.

When using V5, I only see the blue circle, no DOS box at all. And the only thing I can do now is stopping PSPad using the Taskmanager.

Any idea what's going on and what I can do about it?

Many thanks!

--
Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Problem with assembling source code in version 5

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-02-01 09:15 | IP: IP Logged

What is your compiler configuration in highlighter settings?

#3 Re: Problem with assembling source code in version 5

Posted by: Ruud | Date: 2020-02-01 15:18 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
What is your compiler configuration in highlighter settings?

Compiler: d:\batfiles\mp.bat
Parameters: %Name% %Ext%
Other fields are empty, files are saved before compilation. That's all.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards, Ruud Baltissen

www.baltissen.org

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR