You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

#1 Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Posted by: Armagon | Date: 2020-01-26 18:39 | IP: IP Logged

Ty for the extremely hasty response.

I hope I posted this image correctly, Was having some issues with the FTP. It appears to be expecting HTML5 style img=src? And I haven't used that in some years.
From the photo You can see that Pascal has a "Hexadecimal Color" its applied to any characters following the '$' symbol. ASM uses mostly Hexadecimal values. I've already assigned settings to the highlighter on the left.

From the photo you'll see the list of color options (all the User Highlighter have same list I think). To be precise this is what I would like to do:
#$(Preprocessor Color),

$(Any Color other than "Identifier").

I've tried quite a few options: Placing '$' in keywords only highlights the '$' symbol not the following character string. As an example it'll look something;
#$AF04, $01FC in 2 separate colors. I need '$' to override Number color or use it. Otherwise I get values that start with A-F in one color, and Values that start with 0-9 in the Number color.

I tried to keep this as short as I could, and try to give a full explanation. Sorry for it being so long. Ty for any and all assistance.

smiling smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-26 19:23 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
the pic is too small to see anything on it.

#3 Re: Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Posted by: Armagon | Date: 2020-01-26 20:33 | IP: IP Logged

ibb.co

Sorry Idk why it's so small. I uploaded to ibb, should be able to view it in a normal size. If its small just click it. First time doing this but I tested it should work.
Thx again!

#4 Re: Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Posted by: Armagon | Date: 2020-01-26 21:13 | IP: IP Logged

I tossed $40 your way whether this is solvable or not. I love the product smiling smiley
But ty for the asisstancesmiling smiley

#5 Re: Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-27 03:39 | IP: IP Logged

If I understood well, uou want to add hexadecimal and preprocessor atribute to general highlights, right?
Your language is some form of Pascal?

#6 Re: Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Posted by: Armagon | Date: 2020-01-27 05:30 | IP: IP Logged

I'm coding ASM(assembly), and I already added the Preprocessor attribute to the highlighter. I merely referenced Pascal because it uses the same symbol '$' for the hexadecimal attribute.

I would like the '$' hexadecimal attribute general highlighting yes, if it isn't too much trouble.
Thx again for showing an interest.

#7 Re: Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-27 05:47 | IP: IP Logged

Programming isn't trouble winking smiley
With all ideas I thing if it's useable for more people than for requestor only and it it won't have influence of functionality. This idea isn't against nothing from the first view.
The only problem I see is $ is used as singleline and multiline comment.
I must handle it in code highlighting. Comment will have priority, hexadecimal numbers can contains only 0-9, a-f chars.

#8 Re: Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Posted by: Armagon | Date: 2020-01-27 06:13 | IP: IP Logged

TY smiling smiley $ could be strictly multiline if that makes it easier. The coding style only uses $ to reference hexadecimal characters anyway. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

#9 Re: Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Posted by: Armagon | Date: 2020-01-27 06:34 | IP: IP Logged

I stated that poorly, what I meant was I see what you mean that Comment needs priority because it uses $ too. But $ can contain any characters. Doesn't have to be limited to 0-9, A-F if that makes it easier.

#10 Re: Feature Request: Hexadecimal Option in User Highlighters.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-27 07:01 | IP: IP Logged

To highlight HEX numbers $nnnnn, there must not be any comment with $ enabled in user highlighter definition. I think this explanation is better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 07:02 by pspad.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR