You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Word selection

Word selection

#1 Word selection

Posted by: sati32 | Date: 2016-03-05 08:50 | IP: IP Logged

Hi,

I double click on a word, it is selected by PSPad. I hold the mouse button clicked and drag, all my editors select the next word now, but PSPad won't. Is there an option for this?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Word selection

Posted by: BigBen | Date: 2020-01-22 17:42 | IP: IP Logged

I'm also interested by this double-click selection and have the exact same problem, PsPad is the only application I use that behaves as decribed. Is it a bug, a feature, something that I can change with some parameter (I searched but didn't find one)?

I would love to have PsPad behave like other applications in this respect.

#3 Re: Word selection

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-22 18:38 | IP: IP Logged

Just tested. If you dblclick, press shift and drag over text and you will end, whole word is slected when you release mouse button.
So difference is only that whole word isn't marked during dragg, but the result is same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-22 18:42 by pspad.

#4 Re: Word selection

Posted by: Vany | Date: 2020-01-27 13:12 | IP: IP Logged

It works as reported.

Expected behavior is you dblclick a word and before releasing the mouse button (just second mousedown event handled) you drag the cursor over text, it has to expand the text selection by words (mouseover) until you release the button (mouseup).

Currently it just select the only word the mouse was dblclicked at.

--
Vany
(PSPad 5.5.1.812 x32, W10h/p x64 en/cs)

#5 Re: Word selection

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2020-01-27 14:48 | IP: IP Logged

I understand. But it's limitation of editor component.
I can try to change behavior, but I can't promise I will be successfull.

PSPad work this way:
dblclick on word, pres Shift and click on end word. It will make same result, you only don't see it when you dragging.

Just now I have problem with HEX editor component and UNDO, I spend many hours with this issue yet and it isn't fixed yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 14:50 by pspad.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR