You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Assign F1 only for external help

Assign F1 only for external help

#1 Assign F1 only for external help

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2019-10-04 15:15 | IP: IP Logged

Assigning F1 to an external help is easy. Unfortunately the PSPad help is also called!

How can I call only the external help with F1, WITHOUT the PSPad help appearing?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Assign F1 only for external help

Posted by: vbr | Date: 2019-10-05 19:30 | IP: IP Logged

Professor Bernd:
Assigning F1 to an external help is easy. Unfortunately the PSPad help is also called!

How can I call only the external help with F1, WITHOUT the PSPad help appearing?

Hi,
I believe, the shortcut for F1 is system-wide, i.e. it cannot be set within the application, it seems the additional assignment to this key isn't replacing the system help for the app.

However, as a workaround, you may try to rename the helpfile
PSPad.chm to something like PSPad_renamed.chm, then it probably won't be accessible automatically, only directly as a file via file explorer or file manager.

For making changes in the program folder - if it is in a protected folder (like Program files) - the administrator account might be needed. (PSPad.chm is located in the program folder or possibly in user folder).

hth,
vbr

#3 Re: Assign F1 only for external help

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-10-06 11:11 | IP: IP Logged

PSpad has workarround for it, because F1 is really system shortcut.
Go to program settings / Direct edit button

Set
F1HelpInEditor=1

#4 Re: Assign F1 only for external help

Posted by: Professor Bernd | Date: 2019-10-07 15:37 | IP: IP Logged

Hello.

Many thanks to both of you! I have set:

F1HelpInEditor=0

and it does its work: Now I can call the help for language with F1, without the PSPad help appearing. Great! smiling smiley

PS: By the way, I don't get any e-mail notifications about new answers in the forum. I've turned it on in my profile and also set it manually in the posting.

#5 Re: Assign F1 only for external help

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-10-07 16:22 | IP: IP Logged

I know about this problem.
There is something wrong with hosting and forum. I have no time now to look at it.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR