You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

#1 Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: silverwoodchuck47@yahoo.com | Date: 2016-08-26 16:36 | IP: IP Logged

How do I fix the issue of Win10/32 asking me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow "this app" (PSPad) to make changes to my PC?

It's from a dialog box that is titled "User Account Control".

I want PSPad to start without Windows asking me stupid questions. Thanks.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-08-26 16:42 | IP: IP Logged

You installed PSPad as portable into Program Files or you set compatibility mode or ...
This isn't standard PSPad behavior.

Start PSPad as administrator, go to program settings / System integration and check multiuser environment.

#3 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: silverwoodchuck47@yahoo.com | Date: 2016-08-26 17:02 | IP: IP Logged

I did as you instructed. I started PSPad as administrator and the Multi-user environment box is already checked.

#4 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-08-26 17:21 | IP: IP Logged

Check if folder where you installed PSPad isn't marked as ReadOnly.
I hope you didn't set any compatibility mode for PSPad.

#5 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: silverwoodchuck47@yahoo.com | Date: 2016-08-26 17:52 | IP: IP Logged

Something is messed up. When I clear the checkbox in the Properties dialog to the PSPad folder in Program Files, something puts the checkbox back.

So this appears to be a Windows security issue, which never made sense to me. I want to use PSPad, not horse around with Windows' security settings.

#6 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2016-08-26 19:18 | IP: IP Logged

Is it really Windows dialog or dialog from any "protective" software?
Is there any other information what changes are made?
Can you provide screenshot?

You can disable PSPad scripting (Program settings / Scripting integration). Maybe any your paranoid antivirus consider using Windows Scripting Host as "dangerous".

#7 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: silverwoodchuck47@yahoo.com | Date: 2016-08-26 20:14 | IP: IP Logged

Is it really Windows dialog or dialog from any "protective" software?
It's from windows

Is there any other information what changes are made?
No.

Can you provide screenshot?
I don't see a way to attach an image. But here's the text that appears

User Account Control

Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC?

Program name: PSP editor
Verified publisher: Jan Fiala
File origin: Hard drive on this computer

Show details Yes No

Change when these notifications appear

If I click Change when these notifications appear, then the User Account Control Settings window appears.

If I click Show details, then

Program location: "C:\Program Files\PSPad editor\PSPad.exe"

appears below File origin. The dialog box doesn't tell me what exactly PSPad wants to do.

#8 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: Stefan | Date: 2016-09-03 09:43 | IP: IP Logged

Chuck,

try to install PSPad outside the default ProgramFiles folders,

install e.g. to "C:\ProgramMy" or to X:\Tools" or... .

ProgramFiles folders have a special protection from Microsoft.
There are knowledges and workarounds, but just avoid "ProgramFiles".

HTH?

--
Stefan (pleased user since 1722)
Do you know you can spend Jan a beer? (click here)
Inofficial FAQs + Infos + Special Settings

#9 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: silverwoodchuck47@yahoo.com | Date: 2017-01-08 20:51 | IP: IP Logged

So I uninstalled PSPad and installed in my portable app folder. That fixed the problem. Lame workaround, but it works. Thanks.

#10 Re: Win10/32 asks me EVERY SINGLE TIME if I want to allow PSPad to make changes to my PC.

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2017-01-08 21:08 | IP: IP Logged

'.phorum_html_encode('silverwoodchuck47@yahoo.com').''">''.phorum_html_encode('silverwoodchuck47@yahoo.com').'':
So I uninstalled PSPad and installed in my portable app folder. That fixed the problem. Lame workaround, but it works. Thanks.

During install process PSPad offers you standard installation or portable installation.
PSPad is portable as is from the begin. You can simple copy your PSpad folder and copy it where you need. PSPad doesn't depends of any runtime libraries or frameworks

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR