You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Feature Request - Native Multi-line Search/Replace

Feature Request - Native Multi-line Search/Replace

#1 Feature Request - Native Multi-line Search/Replace

Posted by: dmittleider | Date: 2019-02-18 14:37 | IP: IP Logged

I have always used the phReplace and it works great but the need to register a DLL is a non-starter on a lot of systems (I do support work on lots of servers and PCs I don't have full access to where I just need a quick way to have something better than Notepad but it would take longer to get somebody to install and register everything than it's worth).

I love the interface to phReplace but worst case using the new line characters like how Notepad++ does it would work.

Thanks for all you do, I love PSPad!!!

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Feature Request - Native Multi-line Search/Replace

Posted by: joemarfice | Date: 2019-04-02 17:40 | IP: IP Logged

Alternatively, adding a special character that matches CR/LF/CR+LF (each, or all) as Word has would be equally useful, IMO.

So, the Find string "ABC\nDEF" would match in a line that ends with "ABC" followed by a line that begins "DEF" - just in case I wasn't clear.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR