You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > TextDiff ?notice? and LARGE FONT

TextDiff ?notice? and LARGE FONT

#1 TextDiff ?notice? and LARGE FONT

Posted by: joemarfice | Date: 2019-03-11 15:57 | IP: IP Logged

Two things have recently changed in my PSPad installation, and I have no idea why.

First, there's a gray box to the upper-right, in the text area, that reads "TextDiff". I can't move or close it. Dropping a file there doesn't start a text comparison. No idea why it's there or how to get rid of it.

Seemingly unrelated, except in timing, my menus now have a HUGE font size - maybe twice the size of "normal" fonts, and unrelated to the font size displayed in the actual documents.

I can't find any settings related to either issue. Any clues?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: TextDiff ?notice? and LARGE FONT

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-03-11 16:43 | IP: IP Logged

Hello
When one file is open and you drop another into this box, PSPad should start TextDiff
Just tested with current version and it's work for me.

Hello problem with font is caused Windows 10 with high DPI. I used newest version of Delphi and there is some problem with menu.
Open special settings, find line something like FixMenuDPI and set it to zero.

I solved this problem already and removed this option. I found problem with menu occurs in Windows 7, Windows 8 and above are OK. So I am handling Windows 7 only.

As I remember, it should be fixed in current developer build 5.0.2 (315). Replace PSPad.exe from this ZIP should help your problem with menu.

#3 Re: TextDiff ?notice? and LARGE FONT

Posted by: joemarfice | Date: 2019-03-11 19:52 | IP: IP Logged

Thanks! You are truly the best!

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR