You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > splash screen

splash screen

#1 splash screen

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2019-02-20 02:09 | IP: IP Logged

When starting pspad, a splash screen is displayed, and the start of the editor is somewhat delayed. Is it possible to turn this feature off?

While it is not a problem when I open a file for a longer editing session, is annoying when you just want to make a small change to some configuration file (I need to do that quite often). So this "feature" prevents me from changing the sytemwide defaults for editing to pspad, though I would like to do that (I've done it already and had to change it back).

PSPpad, while being loaded from ssd, still takes half a second or maybe even more everytime for starting - other editors I know dont have such a delay and are ready immediately. And I suppose PSPad would not need such a long startup time for finishing the initialization steps. Opening even a very big file when PSPad itself is already running is instantaneous.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: splash screen

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2019-02-20 04:56 | IP: IP Logged

Hello

Start PSPad as admin, go to program settings / Program 2 and uncheck Show splash screen

#3 Re: splash screen

Posted by: idefix2 | Date: 2019-03-02 13:32 | IP: IP Logged

Thank you, that is great. Now pspad start is as quick as one can wish smiling smiley

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR