You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Long lines do not wrap at start up

Long lines do not wrap at start up

#1 Long lines do not wrap at start up

Posted by: RuudBaltissen | Date: 2018-11-29 08:36 | IP: IP Logged

I use the latest version, April 2018, at home and at work. At home I use W7-32 with full rights, at work W10-64 with no administrator rights. If I start PSPad at home, the files appear as I closed them. Lines longer than 80 chars are soft wrapped. When opening new files, the lines have been wrapped as well.
At work the files pop up with unwrapped lines, also when I open new files. Ctrl-W does wrap the lines, so that works.

I expected a difference in settings but I cannot see any. IMHO the setting "Wrap (soft) with Right Edge" is the one responsible for this behavior. The moment I change and apply it, I see the text behave accordingly.

Am I overlooking something?

Thank you for any help!

Kind regards, Ruud Baltissen

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Long lines do not wrap at start up

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-11-29 09:33 | IP: IP Logged

Wrap with right edge means if you want to wrap with right edge line or with window width. Nothing else

What can have influence:
1) impossibility to write into config file. In this case PSPad isn't able to remember last state include wrap lines
2) menu Settings / Program settings / Direct edit button
There is option MaxWrapSize=200000
It means files bigger than 200000 bytes won't be wrapped

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR