You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > What is the "File Tab Colour" setting used for?

What is the "File Tab Colour" setting used for?

#1 What is the "File Tab Colour" setting used for?

Posted by: rovf | Date: 2018-07-31 15:00 | IP: IP Logged

There is a setting in the "Highlighters Settings" named "File Tab color". Does anybody know what it is used for? I had thought (from the name) that this is the background or foreground colour for the file tabs for a certain file type, but doesn't seem to be the case.

--
Ronald Fischer (Germany)

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: What is the "File Tab Colour" setting used for?

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-07-31 15:04 | IP: IP Logged

You can different file types by color of tabs in the main interface. And you are right, it's background of tab with file name.

If it doesn't work for you, tell me please what highlighter do you set, your file type or send screenshots

#3 Re: What is the "File Tab Colour" setting used for?

Posted by: DonQuichote | Date: 2018-08-07 10:23 | IP: IP Logged

In PSPad 5.0.0 (277), setting this for a highlighter did nothing initially. After that, When I tried to set the individual tab colour on one of the open files of this type, it still showed black as the colour. However, when I clicked cancel on the colour picker, the tabs suddenly got their colour as configured in the highlighter.

Could this be some kind of widget refreshing issue?

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR