You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > Autosync file on FTP

Autosync file on FTP

#1 Autosync file on FTP

Posted by: Alex | Date: 2013-12-25 07:21 | IP: IP Logged

First, sorry if my english is bad.

I requested this feature a year ago, but it was hard to implemented
forum.pspad.com
Now I request a simple version of this feature. Let me explain it:

1) I have few FTP connections (which is defined in PSPadFTP.INI). It can be named array in programm, like in file
[my_ftp_conn]
Server=mysite.com
User=something
Password=019DAB0D093D6BEF5807
etc.

2) When I edit some file, and sync it with FTP - PSpad already has functionality to associate this file like c:\file.php to ftp file, like /somedir/file.php
PSpad save this association even when I connect to different FTP site.

3) In my project file (.ppr) I have section with opened files, like
[Open project files]
0=game\ajax_show_html.php
1=modules\units_data.php
etc.

I want a simple feature which can save file association in Project file, like
[Open project files ftp]
0=/ajax_show_html.php
1=/units_data.php
etc.

And by opening Project - I want to restore this association automatically. Thats all I need. I dont even need to check this files for modifications.
I have project with dozens of files and have to sync it with ftp few times per day each. It's killing me.

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: Autosync file on FTP

Posted by: Alex | Date: 2014-01-22 10:47 | IP: IP Logged

So how about it? Is it possible to implement in PSPad?

#3 Re: Autosync file on FTP

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-22 11:26 | IP: IP Logged

Why don't you open file directly from the FPT? In this case PSPad will save it automatically to FTP if you will use SAVE function

#4 Re: Autosync file on FTP

Posted by: Alex | Date: 2014-01-29 05:01 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
Why don't you open file directly from the FPT? In this case PSPad will save it automatically to FTP if you will use SAVE function

The question is not just about syncing. It's about autoopen like 20 files in different folders on ftp and syncing it.
For autoopening files I use Project system (.ppr). Now I want to autosync it on FTP. If i open file directly from FTP and save the project, on the next opening it appears to be in C:\Windows\TEMP folder. And in case if I would edit files on ftp - I will not have my local copy of files.

#5 Re: Autosync file on FTP

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2014-01-29 06:34 | IP: IP Logged

In some future version will be possibility to assign FTP and path with project.
Just now is possible to do it using scripts.
You can write easy script, what will open all files from FTP in one step for you.

#6 Re: Autosync file on FTP

Posted by: kiatng | Date: 2016-11-17 02:29 | IP: IP Logged

I have been using PSPad for many years now, and this feature will be very very useful. A typical project of mine has hundreds of files in a project, one has 1,200 files, so it will save a lot of time to have PSPad remember the FTP for each project. So that when a file is save locally, PSPad is able to FTP to the server and upload the file automatically. Currently, I need to FTP and navigate to the folder in the server, in order to upload the file. Even though this only needs to be done once in the beginning, it will save a lot of time and avoid uploading a file to wrong folder. PSPad should do this automatically, synching the local directory structure to the one in the server, and upload the file.

#7 Re: Autosync file on FTP

Posted by: pill | Date: 2018-04-09 15:14 | IP: IP Logged

pspad:
In some future version will be possibility to assign FTP and path with project.

That would be great! Having a project on an ftp-server and being able to edit files is incredible! It would be very helpful in the work. Now every time you have to open files from the ftp-server one at a time.

pspad:
Just now is possible to do it using scripts.
You can write easy script, what will open all files from FTP in one step for you.

You talked about scripts, please tell me where I can read about it or get an example?
Thank you!

#8 Re: Autosync file on FTP

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-04-09 15:34 | IP: IP Logged

PSpad scripting chapter in Help - Customize PSPad / Script
There is FTP related section of commandes

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR