You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > how to remove highlighting after Control-C

how to remove highlighting after Control-C

#1 how to remove highlighting after Control-C

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2018-03-15 20:47 | IP: IP Logged

In an attempt to solve crash problems, I am starting over with a clean install of build 267. Thus, I'm having to re-learn configuration tricks that I haven't had to worry about in years!!

The one I'm seeing now is, I select a section of text, then type Control-C to copy to buffer. This is working fine, but the text remains highlighted. I recall that there was some setting to get highlighting to turn off after copy, but I don't know where to look for it. Can someone help with this?

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

#2 Re: how to remove highlighting after Control-C

Posted by: Andreas | Date: 2018-03-16 00:43 | IP: IP Logged

I don't think, that this is possible. I do not know a program where selection gets lost after copying. It's normal behaviour that selected text stays selected.

#3 Re: how to remove highlighting after Control-C

Posted by: pspad | Date: 2018-03-16 08:10 | IP: IP Logged

I am afraid I don't understand.
Where text remains highlighted? PSPad works with plaintext. Highlighting is done online when PSPad draws page.

If you paste text into PSPad, it will highlight it. You can switch highlighting by toolbar or from the menu View.
When you paste text into TXT file (the file without highlighter), you will see it without highlighting.

#4 Re: how to remove highlighting after Control-C

Posted by: hhoefling | Date: 2018-03-16 08:15 | IP: IP Logged

I think he means the highlighting of the current selected Text,
not the Syntax-highlighting.

--
by HH

#5 Re: how to remove highlighting after Control-C

Posted by: Gorlash | Date: 2018-03-16 14:49 | IP: IP Logged

Correct, I'm talking about selected (or maybe 'marked' is the common term?) text.
When I type Control-C to copy to buffer, I expected the selected/marked/highlighted attribute to go away.

I *thought* PsPad did this, but maybe I'm mistaken?? I've deleted my old PsPad and completely re-installed from scratch, to see if some other issues go away, so can't go back and verify at this point. I have been using my old editor Multiedit recently, which *does* act as I describe, so maybe I'm just not remembering PsPad behavior correctly.

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR