You are here: PSPad forum > English discussion forum > 'Replace in Files' function : selected text not put in 'Text to find', replacement not displayed in opened files

'Replace in Files' function : selected text not put in 'Text to find', replacement not displayed in opened files

#1 'Replace in Files' function : selected text not put in 'Text to find', replacement not displayed in opened files

Posted by: Lucien | Date: 2017-09-08 15:09 | IP: IP Logged

Hello,

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bits, PSPad 4.6.2

I see in the changelog for PSPad 4.6.2 : Find in files - unwanted autocomplete of search expression.
I don't know if the issue 1, that I report below, is related to that.

*** issue 1 :
currently selected text in a file is not the text put in the 'Text to find', of the 'Search in Files' window

* start PSPad
* create an empty text file
* type : 'abc abcde'
* save the file
* select 'abcde' > open 'Search in Files' : 'abcde' correctly fills the 'Text to find' field > execute search in opened files > you get 1 result
* select 'abc' > open 'Search in Files' : 'abcde' erroneously fills the 'Text to find' field

it seems that 'abc' being part of 'abcde' is completed, does not seem desirable in most cases...
does not happen if 'abc' has already been searched before (because, in this case, 'abc' exists in the drop-down list I guess)

*** issue 2 (more difficult to reproduce) :
after many 'Replace in files', in many files, with these files opened, the replacement is not visually reflected in these files

* create a project with 10 files, each containing the string 'blob' many times if possible
* open all these files
* replace in open files, or in project, 'blob' > 'hello'
* check if the string 'blob' has been visually changed to 'hello' in the opened files,
if the replacement is displayed correctly in the opened files, repeat replace 'hello' > 'anything', etc...
until the replacement is not displayed in the opened files
* close these files, reopen them, the last replacement was indeed done, but not reflected in the opened files display
if you type some text in a file with the display not updated, and save it, I don't want to know what can happen... smiling smiley

Options: Reply | Quote | Up ^

Editor PSPad - freeware editor, © 2001 - 2024 Jan Fiala, Hosted by Webhosting TOJEONO.CZ, design by WebDesign PAY & SOFT, code Petr Dvořák, Privacy policy and GDPR